TiVo Community Forum banner
  • TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here

Access Tivo Stream 4K Hidden A/V Menus

36K views 60 replies 33 participants last post by  mystic1muse 
#1 · (Edited)
Here's a quick rundown of how to access the hidden menus in com.droidlogic.tv (the app that is the the "More" menu on the Stream 4k). You'll need to enable Android's Developer Mode to do this. They seem to do stuff, but your results may vary. Might fix issues others are having with random wake ups, HDR, other stuff.
  1. Enable Developer Mode by going to Device Preferences --> About --> Build and click it a few times until it tells you that you are a "Developer".
  2. Then go to Device Preferences --> Developer Options--> USB Debugging and enable this option.
  3. Go to Network & Internet --> Available Networks and click your connected WiFi network to see what your Stream's IP address currently is.
  4. Download and install adblink
  5. In adblink enter your Stream's IP address in the "Ad Hoc IP" field.
  6. Click "Connect". You'll be prompted to accept the connection on the Stream itself - accept it and also remember the device if prompted.
  7. Once adblink reports that you are connected click "ADB Shell"
  8. Copy and paste the following commands in the terminal window to launch the associated menu item on the Stream itself:

CEC Settings
am start -n com.droidlogic.tv.settings/com.droidlogic.tv.settings.HdmiCecActivity

HDMI Self Adaptation/Refresh Rate Switching
am start -n com.droidlogic.tv.settings/com.droidlogic.tv.settings.PlaybackActivity

Dolby Vision On/Off
am start -n com.droidlogic.tv.settings/com.droidlogic.tv.settings.display.dolbyvision.DolbyVisionSettingActivity

Dolby Vision Graphics/Video Priority
am start -n com.droidlogic.tv.settings/com.droidlogic.tv.settings.display.dolbyvision.GraphicsPrioritySettingActivity

HDR to SDR
am start -n com.droidlogic.tv.settings/com.droidlogic.tv.settings.display.hdr.HdrSettingActivity

SDR to HDR
am start -n com.droidlogic.tv.settings/com.droidlogic.tv.settings.display.sdr.SdrSettingActivity

Font Gadget Multimedia Electronic device Display device
Font Gadget Screenshot Multimedia Electronic device
Font Screenshot Gadget Multimedia Electronic device
Font Screenshot Multimedia Electronic device Display device

See less See more
#44 ·
I've not run into this. When I set it for Always on HDR10, it stays at that setting. And when I set it for Always on DV , that stays too. Of course there should never be always on HDR, but that was a borked decision TiVo made.

But their worst decision is the HDMI-CEC issue. I am able to avoid it because I have other devices that have settings I can turn off. But your average person has absolutely no clue about HDMI_CEC.

#45 ·
He's not referring to the non-hidden setting that selects between HDR10 and Dolby Vision. There is a totally separate hidden setting that enables/disables Dolby Vision support. That setting has an effect on image quality even when you're not actually using Dolby Vision. It even affects non-HDR TVs. Unfortunately, as I mentioned earlier in this thread - the setting reverts to 'enabled' on HDMI handshake.

#46 ·
I was just about to send my Stick back when I popped onto this thread and it gave me hope. Is there a way to allow for pass-through audio? I use Plex and Kodi to manage and play my media and they are hobbled and only output PCM. (I have a Dolby Vision OLED, so I'm fine with that feature.)

#48 ·
Here's a quick rundown of how to access the hidden menus
You wouldn't happen to have seen a networking menu to disable IPv6, have you? I have a Starz app that wouldn't work at all until I disabled IPv6 on my network. Makes HBO Max start streams a lot quicker, too (some would have a 1 minute delay). I put in a feature request to allow disabling IPv6 in the device so I can turn it back on across my network.

#50 ·
This adbLink is amazing.

I have the Tivo Stream 4k, and it is lacking PIP for apps like sling.Well using abd, and an app called Button Remapper. All you have to do it map a button to the keycode 171 and that will give you PIP access!

the Button Remapper app will guide you though the command you need to run... since the shell is already open, you only need to the run the command starting with sh to the end (it gives a command to launch abd, but via abdLink we already did that).

It works amazing!
Thanks for this post, as this was inspiration to getting Universal PIP working!!
Finally I can use the Tivo Guide without losing the audio (and video pip) of what I Was watching

#51 ·
I just got a Stream 4K and I have the new Chromecast with Google TV. I am preferring the Stream as I'm getting 5.1 and Atmos in all the major streaming apps when streaming content that supports it. All these sticks seem to be in a flux of this doesn't work but this does or this update fixed this and broke that. On the Chromecast, several apps, like Hulu, currently are sending audio in 2-channel PCM. You can cast from your mobile device to fix that but then what's the point of using an Android TV device. LOL.

So I liked that the Tivo gets the 5.1 audio and Atmos right, has a better remote, and I can integrate Locast, Sling and Pluto live TV in to the Channel guide. All shortcomings for the Chromecast (currently). And the info button on the remote comes in handing as I can view realtime video/audio streaming stats when watching Netflix using that button.

But then I'm now seeing posts about this issue about SDR content looking terrible in Dolby Vision, or, when DV is turned off, the SDR content still looks worse than the Chromecast.

Can someone clarify for me, if I'm using a 4K AVR and TV with DV/HDR support with the Tivo Stream 4K, and 99% of the time I'm streaming shows and movies from Netflix, Disney+, Hulu and HBO max that were released in the last two years, how big of an issue is this SDR problem for my viewing habits?

#52 ·
There has to be a reason why they did not include this PIP with Sound feature out of the box.
Does it cause the unit to crash or lock up more, seems to good to be true.
OR
Maybe it is a hidden Beta test going on now that they are about to release.
PIP out of Sling is very important to me. Game changer. I love to surf channels during comercials.
IDEAS ?

This adbLink is amazing.

I have the Tivo Stream 4k, and it is lacking PIP for apps like sling.Well using abd, and an app called Button Remapper. All you have to do it map a button to the keycode 171 and that will give you PIP access!

#57 · (Edited)
Everything has been done for a long time, I recommend
tvQuickActions - button mapper & mouse toggle
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dev.vodik7.tvquickactions&hl=en_US&gl=US

Automatic AFR works with:
Vimu Media Player for TV (9.0.6), SmartTubeNext .......
also implemented frequency switching by button. By button works in all applications, but does not work on Netflix in the DV stream.

WHAT'S NEW

* AFR for Amlogic devices based on Android 9/10 through apps that support it.
* AFR by one click for some devices (TiVo Stream 4K, Eko KATV10, maybe some another). If it available for you device, you can find it in Features tab.
* Improvements and bugfixes

#58 ·
Are the commands still valid? When I try using this it gives me an error:
Code:
SEI400TV:/ $ am start -n com.droidlogic.tv.settings/com.droidlogic.tv.settings.HdmiCecActivity
Starting: Intent { cmp=com.droidlogic.tv.settings/.HdmiCecActivity }
Error type 3
Error: Activity class {com.droidlogic.tv.settings/com.droidlogic.tv.settings.HdmiCecActivity} does not exist.

#59 ·
While the above command don't work, I was able to modify HDMI settings using the settings command in the ADB Shell.

Start the ADB Shell and type settings list global to get a full list of global settings which can be modified (or just type settings to get a list of all the things you can do with settings)

Related to HDMI here are the ones you can modify on TiVO Stream 4K.

To get the current settings type
settings get global <setting name>

To modify the settings type
settings put global <settings name>=0 or 1

Use 0 to disable the setting and 1 to enable it

Pick the <settings name> from this list:
Code:
hdmi_control_auto_change_language_enabled
hdmi_control_auto_device_off_enabled
hdmi_control_auto_language_change_enabled
hdmi_control_auto_wakeup_enabled
hdmi_control_enabled
hdmi_control_one_touch_play_enabled

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.