TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
1st thanks so much for sharing this pfcfast2. I've successfully followed your instuctions to use adbLink. However I'm not getting the results I was hoping for. I have an LG 4K TV with Dolby Vision. I've been using YouTube to test. I turned SDR to HDR off but no matter the stream always converts HD stuff to HDR or Dolby Vision. Is this what others are seeing? I tested with the Black Widow trailer which says it's Dolby Vision and that looks good. But I don't want things getting converted as everything I've read says that results in worse picture.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The Activity Launcher app has to be side loaded. You can however get Side Load Launcher from the Play Store to make it easier/quicker to find your side loaded apps. It's just another app that shows up in the apps menu then brings up a launcher for all your apps including side loaded ones. Saves you from having to go into settings menu to find them.

I'm pretty unhappy with the video output I'm getting even with these extra settings. I'm not noticing anything terrible on my LG 4K TV, but I'd much prefer this to work like Apple TV and have an option to output the native format. No matter what settings I've tried I get either forced HDR or forced Dolby Vision. The SDR to HDR option does not seem to work, my TV always shows anything from the stream as HDR or DV. Does anyone know if this is unique to Tivo or if it's an Android TV thing? From what I've seen there aren't that many Android TV devices with Dolby Vision and also it was only added with more recent versions of the OS. Hoping either way someone gets this fixed as I'm otherwise enjoying the device.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.