TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
162 Posts
Not trying to be sarcastic with this post; I'm just trying to get a better understanding of what the Tivo Series 3 brings to the table as I decide on whether to go with a Series 3 or not.

Justin, out of your post above, how many of those does the Series 3 currently support? I was under the impression that one is currently unable to transfer video to a computer and that multi-room viewing (MRV) does not work with the Series 3 (http://www.tivo.com/whatistivo/tivoadvantage/index.html). I have read a post here about someone testing MRV, but I have also read other speculation that when it is finally enabled on the Series 3, it will only support limited formats because of Cablelabs cert. (i.e. SD channels, maybe OTA, etc).

Also, by IPTV, do you mean Amazon unbox, or is there another IPTV solution available for the Series 3 that won't be available on the Comcast/Tivo hybrid (and has it been confirmed that the CCast/Tivo box won't support Unbox)?

I guess another issue for is whether the CCast Tivo software on the Moto 641x continues to be as unreliable as the current 641x is with i-guide (but I guess we won't know much about that until it's been released).

Thanks,

Mike

· Registered
162 Posts
That's the solution we currently have -- a Series 2 DT for SD and a Comcast/Moto DCT-6416. The 6416 has a lot of drawbacks (check out the forum at AVS for close to 330 pages of chatter on it), but with the uncertainty with SDV and lack of VOD on the Series 3 (not to mention its premium price), we can live with the solution we have for now (at least until we check out what the other options offer in the fall such as the Series 3 Lite, the Comcast/Tivo hybrid, and the new Moxi box).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.