TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You can't watch anything on this thing. You go to play a video and every few seconds the video pauses. Also the quality is terrible. I remember before they switched to the crappy Move Player I had no problems watching anything on their media player. My mother was trying to watch Ugly Betty that she missed and every couple of seconds it will pause. I don't know what the problem is because I have a very fast connection and a fast computer.

·
Registered
25,992 Posts
I just installed it and tried it. Watched "Private Practice".

in "Big" mode it worked fine. In "Fullscreen" it's very choppy, not watchable. I have a decent PC, but nothing to write home about (AMD Athlon64 3700+ with 2 GB memory and 256MB sharedonboard video). I have no problems watching regular downloaded videos or Amazon Unbox in fullscreen, but iTunes videos in fullscreen are an issue on my machine sometimes.

Seems like the player is the problem here too, not the connection.

·
Registered
7,776 Posts
I don't watch anything on ABC, so I can't speak to their player, but I did write a letter to CBS recently about the system they use. Basically, I watched a show or two on fox, then nbc, then cbs all on a saturday afternoon/evening. (I was at work, and bored out of my mind.) The Fox and NBC shows went great, but the shows I watched on cbs.com kept pausing for buffering every 30-60 seconds. It makes it very hard to enjoy an episode of CSI when they keep pausing mid sentence . . .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.