TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
4,310 Posts
This is a painful show to watch but I'll keep what I have recorded and watch eventually.

The one good scene in the episode I watched was where the really good teacher said her children didn't know they were poor and she was going to teach them as if they could accomplish anything they wanted. And if she didn't get everything she needed to do it, she was going to try.

· Registered
4,310 Posts
True. I was talking about it with a friend yesterday. Every single character is a joy to watch — including the janitor.

Maybe the pain is associated with seeing the limited funding those schools receive. Yeah, I get that.
I think one has to like the characters.

Even the guy who was Chris Rock on "Everybody Hates Chris" isn't doing anything for me.

· Registered
4,310 Posts
I can identify with Mrs. Howard. She has trouble with new technology and it was hard for me to watch her have trouble, which surprised me because I couldn't stand her to begin with. She's become more likable in the past couple of episodes and that little kid reading Michelle Obama was funny.

It really surprised me to see her admit to lying, too. I didn't see it as lying but just submitting SOMETHING.

· Registered
4,310 Posts
Still didn't like the episode, did find Courtney entertaining. That's the girl who was disruptive who was moved to another grade so she would be challenged.

· Registered
4,310 Posts
I couldn't stand the art teacher or her views, but eventually everyone else despised her too.

They actually made Melissa likable. For about five minutes.

Mrs. Howard is easier to like as well, and the garden was a nice idea.

· Registered
4,310 Posts
Four members of the cast were on "Celebrity Family Feud" last night. Also part of the team was Ms. Abbott, the sixth grade teacher of the show's creator and the source of the name. That was a nice gesture.

· Registered
4,310 Posts
It doesn't make me feel good.

I don't like pizza or bacon.

Tyler has a great voice but I miss his nerd character on "Whiskey Cavalier". I miss "Whiskey Cavalier", period.

· Registered
4,310 Posts
I saw the one where the daughter came for a visit, the one parent who seemed unresponsive was a busy ER medical professional (I wanted to say nurse but doctor is a possibility, though in that neighborhood maybe unlikely), and Ava's job is in jeopardy. One can only hope!

· Registered
4,310 Posts
There's an article about what else Brunson is doing but it's a good thing I checked the Google search results. Neither one will let people in for free. I can't link to what I read because I have to sign in with my library card.

· Registered
4,310 Posts
The principal and the white female teacher were on "Pyramid" last night.

Michael Strahan asked the teacher if he knew a guy and she said if she didn't she would call Staten Island and find one.

· Registered
4,310 Posts
I read about a controversy with Quinta's acceptance speech. Didn't look so bad when I actually saw it. But I think having one of the presenters drag the other on stage after the one on the floor had supposedly passed out was too much. Jimmy Kimmel is my favorite of the late night hosts and I would have liked to see more of him.

· Registered
4,310 Posts
I thought about starting another thread on this show to clear out the garbage left here by one person here. I hope everyone who genuinely enjoys the show is familiar with the ability to block undesirable content/members.
I didn't see any garbage left by anyone. I saw that my posts didn't happen to agree with the majority.

· Registered
4,310 Posts
I'm now two episodes behind but I was reading not only did Quinta name the show after her favorite teacher, but the school in the show is named for the guy who slapped Chris Rock. Wonder if she's rethinking that.

· Registered
4,310 Posts
I finally saw the first episode of Season 2 and I'm not liking it any better. But the best scenes for me have the actress who won an Emmy so that means something.

They should have said who was in the mascot costume instead of "himself".

· Registered
4,310 Posts
I checked my recording hoping it was something else, and it said, "An all-new episode".

It wouldn't have been something else because it wasn't actually a new episode. I forgot to record "Andor" but it may not be something want to watch.

As for why I hoped it was something else, my Edge has the peculiar habit of recording a show that starts a minute later than the start time of the recording and telling me it is the previous show.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts