TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
12,707 Posts
I know a young teacher just like the one in this show. Very infectious spirit. My friend is a more experienced teacher so not as naive but she just makes things happen she thinks need to be or she does them herself

· Registered
12,707 Posts
I finally gave this show a chance after seeing people going nuts over it in this thread. After a single episode my wife wanted to bail, but we watched four.

Does it get any better? I understand the point behind the show, and my wife is frustrated for the right reasons (not the humor, the situation they're all working under). That said, it seems like they're trying REALLY hard to be The Office. The clueless boss, the character archetypes, a boyfriend who isn't treating the girl right with the flipped-on-its-head of who has a crush on whom.

It might get better, I just have a hard time being required to watch an entire season of a show before it gets good.

Or maybe it's just not for me. :)
Wow. Comparing Ava to Michael Scott is so far off. Michael had a good heart. He was just clueless by accident. Ava is arrogant and wants to be clueless about things around her. Michael loved his office and his job. Ava sees herself as above it all and treats it like a scam.

So, no, you don’t get the show. It isn’t for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts