TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had to redo the set up of our TiVo and receiver system recently, and when I paired the TiVo remote with the Yamaha receiver the mute function works, but the volume won't. It worked previously, and I don't think I'm doing anything differently, so I don't know what's going on. Any help would be appreciated.

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
We had to redo the set up of our TiVo and receiver system recently, and when I paired the TiVo remote with the Yamaha receiver the mute function works, but the volume won't. It worked previously, and I don't think I'm doing anything differently, so I don't know what's going on. Any help would be appreciated.
There are many codes for the Yamaha AVR. I assume you are connected with HDMI? For my RX-V867 I use the code 1028 with the rf Roamio remote.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much! That code worked! Maybe that's what I used the first time, but for some reason I didn't write it down. This morning I used 1035. Thanks again! You saved my sanity.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Thanks so much! That code worked! Maybe that's what I used the first time, but for some reason I didn't write it down. This morning I used 1035. Thanks again! You saved my sanity.
Yep, my Tivo Remote works with my Yamaha system though I normally use a harmony remote. Lots of different codes, which is why in general they tell you to test all the functions to make sure it works. As you found out, some things worked and others didn't. With the right code, everything works.:D

This will help others, wither you are using just a TV, or a A/V Receiver. This goes with any of these Universal type remotes where you have to enter a code.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.