TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have some slingboxes that have been working great with my Roamios for years. However, they will become bricks later this year due to slingbox shutting down its servers. I had been searching for alternatives. The best thing seemed to be the TiVo stream. I heard it was kind of buggy though, but seems to be the only real alternative.

I recently came across another solution that seems to have just been released. Its called a "Witbox". Anybody hear of it? While there is a website, I don't see any place to really purchase it yet though so can't see a price either. They seem to have 2 models and I just signed up for a newsletter so maybe this will give more info on how/where to order. Just wondering if others have seen this

Here is the website: Witbox

·
Cynical old guy
1,912 Posts
I recently came across another solution that seems to have just been released. Its called a "Witbox". Anybody hear of it? While there is a website, I don't see any place to really purchase it yet though so can't see a price either. They seem to have 2 models and I just signed up for a newsletter so maybe this will give more info on how/where to order. Just wondering if others have seen this

Here is the website: Witbox
Thanks for the link, I visited it and I have no idea what the Witbox does. The site kept saying "test" and "automation".

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
This product doesn't appear to be targeted at consumers. Seems like it is targeted at Quality organizations for video providers which means it's going to be expensive.

Channels DVR has been my Slingbox replacement and it works great for me remotely.

·
Cranky old novice
9,467 Posts
Cost starts at $2500 per their webpage:

Must be one hell of a fancy replacement for SlingBox!

Their webpages are targeted at people who either (1) already know what it does or (2) are easily impressed by high fog-factor hype.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Until yesterday I had my last Slingbox connected to an old school Tivo mini that had component ports on the back. It worked great, but alas, the ethernet port in the Tivo mini died and this made the tivo mini and slingbox worthless. I did buy a new Tivo mini lux (same day shipment from Amazon !) because It is useful to watch recorded shows on my Edge in my bedroom, but I will certainly miss my slingbox, I used them for more than 10 years and loved the product. Hopefully something else will come along to replace it, but this witbox certainly isnt it

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh shoot, I missed the mention of a price tag of $2500. Nevermind and no thanks. I guess I initially got roped in and excited when I saw it state "The Best Slingbox Alternative". Kind of misleading and false advertising if you ask me. Oh well and I guess my hunt continues. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts