TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this file is an alternative to the generic 'now playing' webpage located on your tivo's webserver.
kinda nice to have if your pc's next to your tv.
it'll show you: total time, total space used, time left, expiration date, recording quality, plus various details about the program that are recorded.

to use
1. copy and paste into your favorite editor this xhtml code: http://my.opera.com/gman622/blog/show.dml/315486
++++save it as nowplaying.xhtml

2.-change line 9 to enter your tivo's location and IP (and storage space if you want)
-change line 14 to reflect your Media Access Key
-you can add more tivo's by uncommenting lines 10-13
***IMPORTANT: when you save the edited file the extension must be .xhtml

4. open in Firefox browser (Opera doesn't work)

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nice ...

So, what is the most precise way to determine total disk space minus OS?
Code:
var totalGB = 29.252; //(optional) total gigabytes used to record shows
29.252 seems so precise you must have good reason.

Redrhino

·
Registered
17 Posts
What is the size of the TiVo OS?

I figure that one could take the size of disk - size of OS to get the number you need...

I guess that one could also always add up all the sizes of shows in "now playing" via the web interface and ballpark it.

Redrhino

·
Registered
14 Posts
gman622 said:
this file is an alternative to the generic 'now playing' webpage located on your tivo's webserver.
kinda nice to have if your pc's next to your tv.
it'll show you: total time, total space used, time left, recording quality, plus various details about the program that are recorded.

see a screenshot here:
http://home.ripway.com/2005-2/266393/npx.png

to use
1. save this link on your machine:
http://home.ripway.com/2005-2/266393/nowPlaying.xhtml
That needs to be saved on the Tivo, correct?
Any idea how to do that on a Toshiba Series 2 with DVD player built in?

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Thank you for the cool file.

I have a 90 hour tivo, and usually record everything in basic.

what should i put in this section?

var totalGB = 29.252; //(optional) total gigabytes used to record shows

Thanks again.

·
No More TiVo :-(
10,772 Posts
windracer said:
No, you put this on your web server or run it through your browser on your PC. It will then connect to the specified TiVos and pull the information.
Actually, I take some of that back. It works fine through Firefox when the file is local on my PC. When I tried to serve it through Apache (via my Linux web server) to Firefox, it didn't work. Guess it's not meant to work that way. :(

Pretty cool looking though!

·
Registered
6 Posts
windracer said:
Actually, I take some of that back. It works fine through Firefox when the file is local on my PC. When I tried to serve it through Apache (via my Linux web server) to Firefox, it didn't work. Guess it's not meant to work that way. :(

Pretty cool looking though!
Nope it's not. If you look at it and know anything about javascript you'll quickly realize it's all client side meaning the machine that it's actually executing on needs to be able to reach your TiVo(s) through the network.

Of course, there's little to keep you from having a go-between where your webserver makes the exact same requests of the TiVo that the file does and the file in turn makes the request of your webserver. Like a pipe sort of.

At any rate, was just adding some details for anyone that cared about all that stuff.. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ElPuerco said:
I wish the external links (to IMDB) opened in a seperate window.
i have my preferences set in firefox for middle-clicked links to open in a background tab, or you can always right click->open in new tab/window.

personally i think's its rude when a webmaster doesn't leave the choice up to the user where he/she wants to open links.

1 - 20 of 168 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.