TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week it froze, the TV said "No signal" and it was unresponsive to inputs on the front panel or remote. I pulled the plug, let it reboot and when I received the D* logo (before acquiring satellite page) it rebooted all over again on its own.

After the second reboot, it came up and started working with no indication as to what happened. We missed several shows as we were gone for a day.

Last night, same thing. I pulled the plug again and this time it gave me a message that it couldn’t acquire all of the satellite data. Turns out none of my locals appeared in the guide. So, I rebooted through the menu system. Upon this second reboot the locals came back, however the system remained very sluggish to commands for quite some time afterward.

Is this a software upgrade that is causing this that I don't know about? I'm not too keen on reimaging and starting over, losing all of my programs. If I'm going to do that, I might was well bite the bullet and have D* send me an HR20.

·
Just hangin'
30,962 Posts
I'd try a Clear & Delete Everything first. This will do as it implies, delate all programs, SPs, Wishlists, and any other settings. But, it might get it working again. The next try would be to replace the hardrive.

The software version you are referring to is 6.3e. Do you know when it was loaded?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.