TiVo Community Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Ring Turner
17,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
yostmatt said:
Plus who wants to get up in the middle of the movie for a refill.
I don't like to, but after drinking those 2 gallons of soda I have to make SEVERAL trips out. :eek:

·
Poster of News
35,621 Posts

·
Ring Turner
17,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Nope, it started her and since it hasn't been moved yet I posted it in HH myself.

·
Registered
13,778 Posts
Havana Brown said:
So the kid called me yesterday morning from school saying he lost his science notebook and that he needed a new one and he was going to stay after school to update it. It had to be a 5-Subject notebook. So I stopped at CVS on the way to school to pick one up. $8.50 for a notebook? WTH? :mad:

What have you purchased lately that you thought was outrageously priced?
Same thing happened on a very special episode of "Saved By The Bell"!

There, now it's in the right forum!

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
ebonovic said:
Now I think about....

Wasn't there a show out there... "Fight Back"

That did go into stuff similar like this... but it did have more of the "Car Repair guy charged $500 for an air filter change)
DAVID HOROWITZ: FIGHT BACK

Oops, somebody beat me to it.....I must read complete threads.

·
Not So Notable Member
14,193 Posts
Paperboy2003 said:
I can tell you that the mills that make the paper for both notebooks as well as greetings cards have increased prices, but not to the point that you should be paying 4 bucks for a card or 8.50 for a notebook.
I work for a paper company (not Dunder-Mifflin). Most American paper companies have been struggling to break even, including Mead, who I used to work for. The high cost for that notebook is due to CVS, not MeadWestvaco. If MeadWestvaco sold paper for enough to justify that much for a notebook, they would not have sold their papermills. MeadWestvaco does not even make the paper in that notebook anymore; they are mostly just a packaging company now. They still have their school and office products division, but its products are made with paper they buy from other companies.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.