TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Ring Turner
17,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the kid called me yesterday morning from school saying he lost his science notebook and that he needed a new one and he was going to stay after school to update it. It had to be a 5-Subject notebook. So I stopped at CVS on the way to school to pick one up. $8.50 for a notebook? WTH? :mad:

What have you purchased lately that you thought was outrageously priced?

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Gasoline!

Seriously, why are greeting cards so highly priced? $3-$4 for a card and an envelope, what a ripoff.

·
Ring Turner
17,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Craaaaap! Should be in Happy Hour.

·
Ring Turner
17,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jmoak said:
Is this show the one that comes on after "Worst Cookies in the World"?
'zactly. When the mods come back from a nap I'm sure it'll get moved to its proper place. :D

·
has gone his way...
11,164 Posts
You where probably looking at a 5-Star MEAD 5-Subject notebook...

Those are a joke...

Go to Staples or Office Max, they can be found for around the $2 mark

·
Ring Turner
17,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ebonovic said:
You where probably looking at a 5-Star MEAD 5-Subject notebook...

Those are a joke...
Yes, that's exactly what it was. :( There was no other kind, so I had no choice. Bastages!

Other than that, I think food at any sporting event, movies, and airports is outrageous!!

·
Wake-Maker!
1,541 Posts
anything @ the movie theater....come on $8 for a large pop!!!!!

·
Mmm...invisible cola
7,162 Posts
Why not get five one subject notebooks and a roll of packing tape from the dollar store? You'd be almost $2.50 ahead!

·
Wasting time here
1,445 Posts
Could've been on one of the news channels....consumer advocates complaining about the high price of paper goods

I can tell you that the mills that make the paper for both notebooks as well as greetings cards have increased prices, but not to the point that you should be paying 4 bucks for a card or 8.50 for a notebook.

·
mE
719 Posts
Stainless Steele said:
anything @ the movie theater....come on $8 for a large pop!!!!!
But its refillable.... As if you are going to drink that 2 gallons, with the crushed ice that melts in 15 minutes, maybe you sould get a refill cuz its watered down.

Plus who wants to get up in the middle of the movie for a refill.

·
has gone his way...
11,164 Posts
Now I think about....

Wasn't there a show out there... "Fight Back"

That did go into stuff similar like this... but it did have more of the "Car Repair guy charged $500 for an air filter change)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts