Been a tivo customer since 1999 or so, had maybe 8-10 boxes over the years. Been happy enough that recently in May I bought a Bolt Vox plus 3 minis, and bought lifetime on the bolt.
Fast forward to 2 days ago - the Bolt shows the "Tivo" logo for about 10 seconds, then screen goes black for 40-50 seconds, then shows the Tivo logo for 10 seconds, repeat forever. Reboot loop!
- made sure Tivo was plugged directly into the wall
- unplugged tivo from power for 30 min, then replugged it in
- Unplugged everything except power and hdmi, still reboots endlessly
- Opened case and hooked up a brand new 2.5" WD harddrive to see if it'd fix it. still reboots endlessly.
- Tried in a different room plugged into a different tv, still reboots
- pulled cable card. Still reboots.
Called CS this morning, and told them my trouble shooting steps. Of course once they heard I opened the case during my own troubleshooting they are saying the warranty coverage is not valid and my $750 investment is dead.
I'm pretty displeased after such a long relationship with the company, and now curious if a) there's something else I can try myself, and b) does it even sound right that warranty can be invalidated by opening the case. Seemed surprising to me.