TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a dual LNB dish mounted on the edge of my roof. the roof is 30 ft. up (I live in a 1st floor condo). I have two cables running into the back of my DTivo unit. I realize the 5 LNB is a bigger dish. Should there be any concern about mounting one on my roof near where my other dish currently is? I would like to be able to run the same cables since they are already hidden in my condo. I called Dtv and they didn't seem to think it was a problem, but I am not sure I spoke to a real knowledgeable tech support person.
I'm just trying to decide nowwhether to wait for the new Hd-DVR, or just get a high def. receiver with locals. Thanks for any input on this.

·
has gone his way...
4,421 Posts
In generall... If you have the line of sight, and the room (aka, the dish is not installed in a very tight position)...

You should be able to install the 5LNB... It is bigger, but not "that" much bigger.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.