TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Very Large Member
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this for EACH DVR on the account or 1 fee only even if you have multiple DVR's ? I currently have Premier so I'm charged no fee but want to reduce programming and costs and am trying to calculate the different alternatives.

·
DTV + Tvio = ;-)
1,084 Posts
One on the account, not per DVR.

·
TiVo-holic
136 Posts
That is correct, as a matter of fact I just asked the CSR that when I added 2 new DVRs to my account.

It is 1 fee per account, not receiver.

·
Registered
30 Posts
But don't you have to pay a mirroring fee for each DVR?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Yes, you pay a mirroring fee for each box (any type of receiver, not just DVR) after the first one. Then you pay 1 DVR fee for the first DVR on your account. All other DVRs (up to 8?) are then covered by that one DVR fee.

·
Registered
167 Posts
If you are currently at a DVR Fee of $4.99 and you add one of the cheap 40 GB ones being discussed, does your DVR fee change to $5.99?

·
Registered
30 Posts
MikeF said:
Yes, you pay a mirroring fee for each box (any type of receiver, not just DVR) after the first one. Then you pay 1 DVR fee for the first DVR on your account. All other DVRs (up to 8?) are then covered by that one DVR fee.
For some reason I don't get charged a mirroring fee. Never have. Maybe because I was a Primestar customer. Probably will now that I've said this.

·
Registered
534 Posts
hyde76 said:
If you are currently at a DVR Fee of $4.99 and you add one of the cheap 40 GB ones being discussed, does your DVR fee change to $5.99?
I would say there is a good chance of it, since they would prolly want to extend ur commitment, and any new commitment pays the 5.99, or so I'm told.

·
DTV + Tvio = ;-)
1,084 Posts
Goes up 3/1/06 anyway. No extra commitment.

·
TiVoted TiVo User
5,612 Posts
I am still trying to figure out how their operating cost went up. They are no longer releasing any new software for them. How do they justify the increase?

·
TiVo Fan
1,352 Posts
rminsk said:
I am still trying to figure out how their operating cost went up. They are no longer releasing any new software for them. How do they justify the increase?
Somebody has to pay for the development costs of the "R15" and "HR20", and for the new original programming that they are going to attempt and finally for wage increases, but not likely for the minimum wage people.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts