TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Mike Kornblum
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m about to install a Samsung QLED 4K TV in my family room, where a TiVo Premiere XL is currently paired to an older (not 4K) HDTV. In other rooms I have a Roamio PLUS and a Bolt (TCD849500). This will be my first 4K set and I am wondering if the Premiere XL is able to pass through a 4K image or if I should be thinking of swapping rooms with one of my newer TiVo boxes. The new set is a smart tv full of apps that I can send direct to screen without going through the TiVo box so maybe this doesn’t matter?

I’d appreciate the thoughts of more techno savvy TiVo users. Thanks!
Mike

·
TiVoholic by the bay
14,222 Posts
The Bolt is 4k capable, (as well as Edge?) Premiere and Roamio is Pre-4k and not capable. About the only 4k content is in streaming, there is hardly any 4k on cable yet (maybe a few channels.)

Reactions: stevewjackson

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I have two 65" 4k LG OLED TV's, one with a Bolt and one with a Premiere, obviously the TV connected to the Bolt has a better picture with 4K content. But, I will say that the TV's upscaling ability is very good and TV connected to the Premiere, which is limited to 1080i for most content, looks really nice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.