1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Science, *****es
175 Posts
The line starts right behind me...... :p

·
I can't explain
25,527 Posts
"In less than 2 seconds, Lothberg can download a full-length movie on her home computer "

I don't think a hard drive can process data that fast :eek:

·
Toboggan noggin
13,250 Posts
Bleh. It's jus' a marketing stunt. Your pc can't even keep up with the data flow. It was discussed to death on slashdot a while back.

·
I can't explain
25,527 Posts
Bai Shen said:
Bleh. It's jus' a marketing stunt. Your pc can't even keep up with the data flow. It was discussed to death on slashdot a while back.
true, no costs to do this or how much infrastructure change would be needed is mentioned
but I would be fine with my PC and hard drive being the bottleneck again instead of the internet

·
Toboggan noggin
13,250 Posts
ZeoTiVo said:
true, no costs to do this or how much infrastructure change would be needed is mentioned
but I would be fine with my PC and hard drive being the bottleneck again instead of the internet
Basically it's a guy using his mom(or was it grandma) to test a routing technique. She didn't even own a computer beforehand. Anyways, don't look for this anytime soon.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Best I can tell they are not marketing anything. 10 gagbit ethernet exists so something must be able to handle that transfer rate, this is only :D claiming to be 4 times as fast as that, doesn't seem completely out of the realm possibility.

Thanks,

·
Lord of Darkness
1,554 Posts
You can have all the Speed you want in an Internet Connection, but there comes a point where it means nothing.

You will always have bottlenecks. Be it Hard Drive, CPU, Memory etc.

A 40 GB per Sec Download Speed would be great, if only everything else would work that fast.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts