TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Banned
Joined
·
5,779 Posts
This could be good news in that they got rid of a really bad storyline and are preventing another season 6 debacle. It could also be bad news though. One of the supposed changes was to move out of LA but they have an idea to do that and it gets scrapped. What part of LA looks like Africa?
 

· Banned
Joined
·
1,196 Posts
It doesn't sound like it was bad. It sounds like it was expensive.

BTW, "second worst show"? Come on. I admit it's gone downhill compared to prior seasons, but no way is it even in the bottom few dozen.
 

· Just someone
Joined
·
14,207 Posts
ping said:
It doesn't sound like it was bad. It sounds like it was expensive.

BTW, "second worst show"? Come on. I admit it's gone downhill compared to prior seasons, but no way is it even in the bottom few dozen.
Agreed! 24's worst season was still better than 90% of the shows out there. Though, that might say a lot about the other shows. ;)
 

· I am Groot!
Joined
·
58,962 Posts
It seems kinda odd to me that they were apparently less than a month away from filming before the plug was pulled on the Africa material. Did the producers forget to get permission from Fox in advance? Or did Fox wait until this late in the game to decide it was too expensive?

Either way, it sound like somebody screwed the pooch big-time. Which is especially disappointing considering interviews have suggested that this is the year they finally figured out they can't just wing it on a show this tight and intricate, and yet now they'll probably HAVE to wing it since they're re-conceptualizing the entire season this late in the game. Doesn't make me optimistic that they'll get their game back this season...
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rob Helmerichs said:
It seems kinda odd to me that they were apparently less than a month away from filming before the plug was pulled on the Africa material. Did the producers forget to get permission from Fox in advance? Or did Fox wait until this late in the game to decide it was too expensive?

Either way, it sound like somebody screwed the pooch big-time. Which is especially disappointing considering interviews have suggested that this is the year they finally figured out they can't just wing it on a show this tight and intricate, and yet now they'll probably HAVE to wing it since they're re-conceptualizing the entire season this late in the game. Doesn't make me optimistic that they'll get their game back this season...
That's exactly right, Rob. Now they're going to have to pull a plotline out of their butt in order to start filming so that the series can air on time in January. Mark my words...Season 7's going to make Season 6 look like David Palmer-era 24.
 

· Craps Player
Joined
·
4,005 Posts
As long as I get to hear a few "TELL ME WHERE THE BOMB IS!" from Jack, it'll all be good.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
28,665 Posts
Maybe they should just skip this season and come back next year with better material.

There must be tons of "America's wildest car crashes with crazy animals" or something they could fill the slot with. :)
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,328 Posts
I wish that they would abandon the U.S./world in jeopardy plotlines and go back to the first season premise where the story really centered around Jack and Palmer. There was no threat the country, just people with a beef against Palmer for authorizing a mission against Drazen, and Jack for executing that mission. I guess I can live without the hype of world peril histrionics.
 

· Seasoned gas passer
Joined
·
12,206 Posts
VegasVic said:
As long as I get to hear a few "TELL ME WHERE THE BOMB IS!" from Jack, it'll all be good.
...or "DROP YOUR WEAPON....NOW!"
 

· Just someone
Joined
·
14,207 Posts
Church AV Guy said:
I wish that they would abandon the U.S./world in jeopardy plotlines and go back to the first season premise where the story really centered around Jack and Palmer. There was no threat the country, just people with a beef against Palmer for authorizing a mission against Drazen, and Jack for executing that mission. I guess I can live without the hype of world peril histrionics.
*scraps idea involving big honking deathray* :D
 
1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top