TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought TiVo and trying to install. No support on weekends, non-business hours means I have to try to get things installed when I'm supposed to be working. Tring to activate a device I bought from someone else (so already activated on their account). No way to activate online - need to speak to a person.

· Registered
1,035 Posts
Just bought TiVo and trying to install. No support on weekends, non-business hours means I have to try to get things installed when I'm supposed to be working. Tring to activate a device I bought from someone else (so already activated on their account). No way to activate online - need to speak to a person.
You can use the chat function on their website during their open hours if you don't want to call. I find that route to be much easier and allows me to multitask during the chat.

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can use the chat function on their website during their open hours if you don't want to call. I find that route to be much easier and allows me to multitask during the chat.
I appreciate the reply but during non-business hours the chat is simply AI - answers a limited amount of pre-determined questions. There's not a human behind it to answer other questions. May be a good solution if your question is in the list - mine wasn't.

· Registered
71 Posts
I appreciate the reply but during non-business hours the chat is simply AI - answers a limited amount of pre-determined questions. There's not a human behind it to answer other questions. May be a good solution if your question is in the list - mine wasn't.
I'm also experiencing the non-support problems of TiVo on weekends and evenings. I bought a renewed TiVo Bolt Vox from Weaknees & received it this past Saturday. When I tried to activate it I received a message saying that the TSN I entered is already registered. It turns out that this is because it is pre-owned. The only way to transfer this unit to my TiVo account is by human intervention either by phone or live chat. It's amazing that the high tech TiVo company hasn't put a system in place to do this online. So, in just about 2 hours (it's currently almost 9:00 AM on the east coast) I'll, finally be able to transfer this TiVo to my account, assuming there are no other snags. Thanks to anyone who read this vent.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.