TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read here that four flashing lights means the hard drive has died. Original hard drive WD Blue 3TB model WD30NPRZ. I was unable to find a 2.5" 3TB internal drive so I picked up a Toshiba MQ03ABB200 2TB drive. I installed it and now I have a green light, but no signal. Bolt also has a multi stream cable card from Comcast. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
I have read here that four flashing lights means the hard drive has died. Original hard drive WD Blue 3TB model WD30NPRZ. I was unable to find a 2.5" 3TB internal drive so I picked up a Toshiba MQ03ABB200 2TB drive. I installed it and now I have a green light, but no signal. Bolt also has a multi stream cable card from Comcast. Any ideas?
I think you have to have the cable card paired again when you change hard drives.

Reactions: UCLABB

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
I can't get a signal to get to the cable card pairing menu. :(
I think the next step would be to hook the drive up to a PC and check the health with the free Crystal Disk Image software. Then format the drive while connected to the PC and then reinstall in the bolt.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think the next step would be to hook the drive up to a PC and check the health with the free Crystal Disk Image software. Then format the drive while connected to the PC and then reinstall in the bolt.
Ok, I do not have a PC, so I thought I might see if a computer repair shop could do this for me. I called the shop and the guy asked me what format does it have to be in. So, is there some special TIVO format, or what needs to be done to format the drive so the Bolt can read/write on the drive?

·
Registered
8,021 Posts
Ok, I do not have a PC, so I thought I might see if a computer repair shop could do this for me. I called the shop and the guy asked me what format does it have to be in. So, is there some special TIVO format, or what needs to be done to format the drive so the Bolt can read/write on the drive?
Please answer questions that were asked of you.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Tivo has a proprietary format. Just tell the guy to validate that the drive his healthy and do a quick format in windows. Then when you put the drive back into the Bolt, it should recognize that it's not the same drive as before and format it back to the Tivo format.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tivo has a proprietary format. Just tell the guy to validate that the drive his healthy and do a quick format in windows. Then when you put the drive back into the Bolt, it should recognize that it's not the same drive as before and format it back to the Tivo format.
Thanks. This guy wants me to tell him which format, though. It has been years since I have used/worked with Windows. FAT32, exFAT, NTFS, is there something else? What do I tell him?

·
Registered
8,021 Posts
I see nothing, TV says no signal. Yes, I have the right input.
Immediately after rebooting the TiVo, i.e., disconnecting the power and reconnecting power, does the yellow light flash on the TiVo? If so, then the TiVo is booting up and the Toshiba HDD is probably working. Then the problem is either the TiVo is not sending a signal, The HDMI port on the TiVo is bad, the HDMI cable is bad, or you have the wrong input selected on the TV. Let us know if the the yellow light flashes.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Thanks. This guy wants me to tell him which format, though. It has been years since I have used/worked with Windows. FAT32, exFAT, NTFS, is there something else? What do I tell him?
Doesn't matter which format. None of the formats will be the same as the Tivo format. Tell him NTFS.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.