TiVo Community Forum banner
201 - 220 of 360 Posts

·
Old !*#$% Tinkerer!
1,408 Posts
Having lots of the remote access problems between boxes introduced with RC42. I have two Bolts and a Mini. The Mini is still on RC29, and its primary Host is a Bolt that does use high power saving mode... ...since folks seem to be assuming that the issue is related to standby, it seems strange that I found a workaround that gets it working without waking the box.
I posted a LINK to this thread in your thread Strange Issue with Bolt Accessing Another Bolt on LAN. Did you see it?

@JonR discovered the workaround for TiVo Unit to TiVo Unit (meaning DVR) without having to physically go to and wake the DVR and it's good to see that it works for Mini to TiVo Unit too. :) Other folks have been posting Mini / RC42 'problems'.

Thanks again @JonR! :thumbsup:

·
Cat God
17,209 Posts
For what it's worth my Premiere and Roamio both have RC42. My Premiere has been in standby all day and I was able to access it from my Roamio and play a show without any issues. I haven't tried the reverse since I don't put my Roamio in standby.

·
OTA ONLY and Loving It!
1,736 Posts
At this point, the remote Bolt is still snoozing, but both the Mini and the other Bolt can access it normally. I'll wait a couple of hours and test it again.
Well, it didn't take that long at all - it has only been about 20 or 30 minutes since my last test when the remote Bolt was responding normally, but now it's wonky again: From the other Bolt, it brings up the SD menu of My Shows, and from the Mini, My Shows cannot be accessed at all (the "unexpected problem" is a c501 error).

At first I thought that c501 error on the Mini might be caused by an inability of the Mini to display the "unexpected" SD formatted menu, but the Mini still displays the SD formatted Now Playing menu from my S3 without any problem at all.

·
Registered
105 Posts
For what it's worth my Premiere and Roamio both have RC42. My Premiere has been in standby all day and I was able to access it from my Roamio and play a show without any issues. I haven't tried the reverse since I don't put my Roamio in standby.
My Roamio works fine to the Premiere, its the other direction that seems to have the issue (Premiere to Roamio (In Standby))

John

·
Registered
205 Posts
SM should be live now for prefixes 748, 750 and 758. Can someone please force a call and check? Depending on the number of recordings you have, it might take some time for the SKIP icons to appear.
Looks like it worked on my 750! Totally awesome! Thanks!!

Edit: LOL, it connected at 10:57, just finished at 11:19, and the skip icons have appeared all over the place, even while the connection was in progress... and my box is packed with recordings, about 80% full of the 4tb. Tested a few episodes of What Would You Do and works great!

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
I did a TCF SEARCH on "RC41" and the only posts that come up are the 3 (now 4) between you and me. I was joking about the new thread thinking typo but if you do indeed have RC41 I'm curious as to why not RC42. RC30 -> RC29 was explained as a 'script error' IIRC. Historically haven't all TE3 units (eventually; Series 5 and 6 seem to go first, followed by Series 4 with the SkipMode enhancement) been on the same RC?
My Mini Vox is also 20.7.4.RC41. Everything else is now at 20.7.4.RC42.

Edit 27-May-2018: And now both my Mini VOX are at 20.7.4.RC42 as well.

·
Bill Knapp
1,456 Posts
SM should be live now for prefixes 748, 750 and 758. Can someone please force a call and check? Depending on the number of recordings you have, it might take some time for the SKIP icons to appear.
Yes Ted, I've got skip mode on my 758. Thank you sir

Reactions: Mikeguy

·
Registered
2 Posts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Edit: SM showed up on the Minis after an hour or so...did a reboot and it looks like the Mini caught up.

My 750 Premiere now has SM. I did notice, however, that I'm not seeing SM on the connected TiVo minis. Is this expected to work when connected to a Premiere with SM?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
in the other Alabama
20,962 Posts
This is interesting. To test the power saving/SD NPL issue, I put one Roamio into max power saving. After three hours I accessed it from a different Roamio. Both on RC42. I had a BSC for about 15 seconds then the old SD NPL popped up. Also, the target box needed to record a program at midnight. When it was done, I was able to get normal access to its My Shows. Then after a few hours it's back to NPL display. The power saving is now off since this was just for the test. :cool:

One thought: it's not a Standby issue. I was able to access a Premiere and Hydra Roamio which were both in Standby.

·
TDL shepherd
17,849 Posts
Any idea when 746 boxes will get it?
I'd think starting on Tuesday, the 29th...
SM will be turned on for half of our S4 installed based tomorrow, and the remaining half on Tuesday. There's a freeze on service changes for the holiday weekend.

https://support.tivo.com/articles/FAQ/TiVo-Service-Number-and-Model-Number-Table#premieres
758 750 748 746 746

·
Registered
484 Posts
This is interesting. To test the power saving/SD NPL issue, I put one Roamio into max power saving. After three hours I accessed it from a different Roamio. Both on RC42. I had a BSC for about 15 seconds then the old SD NPL popped up. Also, the target box needed to record a program at midnight. When it was done, I was able to get normal access to its My Shows. Then after a few hours it's back to NPL display. The power saving is now off since this was just for the test. :cool:

One thought: it's not a Standby issue. I was able to access a Premiere and Hydra Roamio which were both in Standby.
Our QA team has been able to reproduce this bug internally. They are working with engineering to determine the root cause.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Our QA team has been able to reproduce this bug internally. They are working with engineering to determine the root cause.

I appreciate the feedback as Tivo Support had me jumping through hoops when I new it was a software bug, but hey I jumped with no success. Thanks for following up with QA to determine there is an issue. I worked in QA for 40 years and frankly I'm surprised this bug was not caught prior to release as it is easy to replicate.

Thanks again,
John

201 - 220 of 360 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.