TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 360 Posts

·
tabasco rules
15,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ask, and ye shall receive: :)
We are still working to determine why some boxes are not getting RC29 properly. Meanwhile, has anyone gotten RC42 yet? Someone needs to start a new thread. ;)
it appears a new te3 update, 20.7.4.rc42, is on the way...

Reactions: JoeKustra

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
or, possibly, re-unfixed? :D
I remember this statement:
"For those of you on TiVo Experience 4, aka Hydra, we are pushing out our first feature update starting this week to a randomly selected group, and then next week to the larger group of customer running TE4."

Yet there seemed to be as many bug fixes as "feature updates". Don't get me wrong, I love bug fixes. Fewer threads about random channels on the Mini is a good thing.

Ok, I'll stop. The rush to judgment is not my thing anyhow. Funny, but when it comes to TiVo, change is usually good.

·
I Am Sometimes Vocal
975 Posts
Maybe RC42 has some of the enhancements that Ted told us about in Dec 2017. He never said what they might be to begin with. Heck, it's only May.

Really, what could they possibly do to TE3? They already put several of the things that I have been asking about for years now in TE4. My original estimate for Maybe going to it was XMAS 2018 anyway...oops, off topic...LOL.

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
Believe it or not, there is an actual feature in this TE3 update. Also, it appears that we've fixed the issue with 758 prefix Premiere XL4 boxes not updating. I think we're doing a small test this weekend, and then full roll-out next weekend.
We always believe you. I do think you meant "new" not "actual". But bring it on. :)

·
Registered
417 Posts
Believe it or not, there is an actual feature in this TE3 update. Also, it appears that we've fixed the issue with 758 prefix Premiere XL4 boxes not updating. I think we're doing a small test this weekend, and then full roll-out next weekend.
What is the feature?

·
I Am Sometimes Vocal
975 Posts
What is the feature?
The feature and release dates are obviously a Tivo secret...LOL. But I think that Ted does not have all the control and must keep mum...:D

Glad they think they found out why 758's are not getting the update. THANKS. It would be a big surprise and a joy if they turned the magic SM bit on...

Speaking of SM, some spottiness yesterday...

Reactions: philco782

·
Registered
27,636 Posts
You are a good person--thanks. :)

(Just make it good: the latest update to Windows10 nearly borked my laptop and tablet today, and it's taking me the afternoon to dig out from this--I can't take more electronics failures right now. ;) )

1 - 20 of 360 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.