TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two Tivo's and two routers.

Comcast Broadband feeds the basement router, which is then hardwire connected to a router on the 2nd floor of the house.

The basement Tivo has a wired connection to the basement router (This one I've had for a year). The bedroom (2nd floor) Tivo has wireless connection to the 2nd floor router. It's wireless because there is no easy way to get a wired connection to the Tivo/TV on this floor. (This one is new this week.)
Each Tivo is functioning independently of each other. They connect and download data from Tivo Central. The wireless connection was a breeze to set-up (once I found a compatible adapter - but that's another story.)

The 2nd floor Tivo will connect to my PC. BUT, neither Tivo see's the other one, so there is no multi-room viewing. I've tried looking at the IP info...but it's complicated (or seems so to me) since the 'set-up' screens are different from the wired connection and wireless connections.

The home network routers talk to each other.
Each Tivo gets information.
But how do I get them to see each other?

Thanks in advance for any tips, help, suggestions.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ugh...that's not what I wanted to hear. :)

We tried to get along with one router -- but the signal wouldn't reach everywhere, so we got the second router several months ago. The two are connected to each other; Cable modem wire to router #1 wired to router #2.

I should have just gone with the Comcast DVR for the second box if they won't connect to each other.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.