TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year I bought a S2DT with the 1yr prepay directly from Tivo.
1yr prepay - $224.00
S2DT upgrade - $30.00

That 1yr period is ending next month.... what's next ?

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
If you do nothing you will continue on as a month to month customer at the current monthly rate for a 1 year commitment plan ($16.95/month).

Good Luck

·
TiVo Fanatic
904 Posts
If you do nothing, it will continue and you will be automatically billed at the current monthly rate of $16.95/month.

You can get that lowered by 1 of 5 ways:
  1. Commit to a 2-year commitment at $14.95/mo.
  2. Commit to a 3-year commitment at $12.95/mo.
  3. Prepay another 1-yr, for $179 (avg. $14.92/mo.)
  4. Prepay 2-yrs, for $299, (avg. $12.46/mo.), but see next option:
  5. Prepay 3-yrs, currently discounted to the 2-yr rate, for $299, thus like getting 1 year free or avg. $8.31/mo.
You can change this by calling TiVo, or logging into your Manage My Account on tivo.com and selecting Activate or Upgrade TiVo Service.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I bought the DT with a 1 yr prepay last August. It equated to $12.95. After the 1yr was up, it defaulted to $16.95. My 2 other tivo's stayed at $6.95. So either I am getting the shaft or the CSR is full of bull saying that the default is $12.95.

·
TiVo Fanatic
904 Posts
I'd recommend calling TiVo back and speaking with another CSR or a supervisor. Sounds like that CSR may have given you misinformation.

The month-to-month default after a 1-yr committment is the then 1-yr monthly rate, which is currently $16.95.

·
Banned
4,869 Posts
mchips said:
4. Prepay 2-yrs, for $299, (avg. $12.46/mo.), but see next option:
5. Prepay 3-yrs, currently discounted to the 2-yr rate, for $299, thus like getting 1 year free or avg. $8.31/mo.
Recently Tivo dropped the two year prepay rate down to $279 and they've stopped calling the $299 for three year option a "special" because it's now the regular price.

·
TiVo Fanatic
904 Posts
mick66 said:
Recently Tivo dropped the two year prepay rate down to $279 and they've stopped calling the $299 for three year option a "special" because it's now the regular price.
Yep, I had noticed that very recent change as well, that was made not long after that post of mine...

The 3-yr $299 had been in effect for so long now that they probably figured it was about time to just make it a standard price rather than a special...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.