TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Seasoned gas passer
12,193 Posts
All the eps are available, as far as I can tell.

·
I am Groot!
58,005 Posts
Halfway through. And thinking it would be cool if it turned out to be a sequel (side-quel?) to Dark...it certainly has that vibe to it, and feels like it could be set in the same universe (multiverse?).

Those video screens that were dropped into the last shot of Ep. 2 certainly raise a lot of questions that haven't even been touched on since (again, I'm only through 4). But I have total faith in these guys to think things out very carefully!

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
I'm only 3 episodes in. I'm listening to the Digesting xxx podcast (they originally started as Digesting Dark and are now doing 1899; and Fargo in-between). They've only done the first two episodes so I am kinda in limbo waiting for their review of E3.

I realize that Lost will certainly come up as a comparable (i.e. Lost on a boat) but it almost looks like they went out of their way to add some parallels (like a very pregnant blonde girl). By the way, Krester (scar-face) and Tove (his sister) were also both in The Rain (a Danish series that was pretty good, although a bit weak at the end).

·
I am Groot!
58,005 Posts
Never seen Dark...would I like this?
It's spectacular, although it requires pretty intense concentration (there are a lot of characters in several families in several time periods to keep track of). It lasted three seasons, and has a VERY carefully planned but very intricate story.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
If you do watch Dark, highly recommended to read (listen) to episode recaps/podcasts. Oh, and use the original German voice track with subtitles, instead of the dubbed audio (that should go without saying).

·
wait.. I did what?
15,328 Posts
dammit!
I loved the beginning, was absolutely riveted by the middle episodes, even enjoyed 99% of the finale.. and then

they went to the " show we thought was in the past is in the future" trope, which has been heavily used in the past 4-5 years.
I SO wanted to love it, but this is the same trope that ruined The Nevers for me, it's an easy out nowadays.
The simulation twist was also used in a recent movie I have yet to see, and that came out in the reviews and IMNSHO diminished the anticipated enjoyment of watching that movie for me and being awed at the twist.
So two of the recent common go to "shock twist endings" was creative, but for me disappointing.

I'm not saying the final twist wasn't well done, just that it was disappointing, but I do love that it setup season 2.

·
I am Groot!
58,005 Posts
dammit!
I loved the beginning, was absolutely riveted by the middle episodes, even enjoyed 99% of the finale.. and then

they went to the " show we thought was in the past is in the future" trope, which has been heavily used in the past 4-5 years.
I SO wanted to love it, but this is the same trope that ruined The Nevers for me, it's an easy out nowadays.
The simulation twist was also used in a recent movie I have yet to see, and that came out in the reviews and IMNSHO diminished the anticipated enjoyment of watching that movie for me and being awed at the twist.
So two of the recent common go to "shock twist endings" was creative, but for me disappointing.

I'm not saying the final twist wasn't well done, just that it was disappointing, but I do love that it setup season 2.
??? Did we interpret The Nevers in completely different ways? Because I didn't see that happening at all...
The main character is a time traveler, not somebody living in a virtual reality set in the past.

·
wait.. I did what?
15,328 Posts
??? Did we interpret The Nevers in completely different ways? Because I didn't see that happening at all...
The main character is a time traveler, not somebody living in a virtual reality set in the past.
I believe we're on the same path, but took different paths of where the shows would go in later seasons.

in my mind having the future be the key to the past is the trope that they both build on, for The Nevers I would have been ok with aliens, or someone coming across future tech for an alternative past story

1 - 20 of 20 Posts