TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading all the nightmare stories on the board of everyones hellish time receiving rebates from tivo; well mine just began.

My rebate recently went from pending approval to declined for an invalid tsn number.

I sent in the $150 rebate for the new 40hr humax with 1yr service rebate with all the proper paperwork upc etc. Luckilly i photocopied all of the items before sending it in.

Can anyone tell me what the next best step is from here to get this paid. $150 is a fair amount of money espically for a poor college kid like myself.

:confused:

·
Banned
4,721 Posts
All the nightmare stories are from a really. really small percentage of the people that mailed in a rebate and actually had a problem getting their money back. Most of the time it works out just fine.

I guess you next step should be to call the phone on the rebate paperwork and say - What's going on ! I sent all the proper parerwork ! I have copies ! and offer to send copies of your copies in to prove it to them.

·
Registered
7,968 Posts
Stray said:
I have been reading all the nightmare stories on the board of everyones hellish time receiving rebates from tivo; well mine just began.

My rebate recently went from pending approval to declined for an invalid tsn number.

I sent in the $150 rebate for the new 40hr humax with 1yr service rebate with all the proper paperwork upc etc. Luckilly i photocopied all of the items before sending it in.

Can anyone tell me what the next best step is from here to get this paid. $150 is a fair amount of money espically for a poor college kid like myself.

:confused:
This happened to my friend he called and they fixed it on the phone without any problem. He did not have to send anymore paperwork in.
So just call

·
Alien Hunter
149 Posts
Yes, do call them and explain your position on the TSN number. Hopefully, there is a phone number or web address you can use somewhere on one of your photocopied rebate forms. Don't give up or lose your rebate copies. On a Canon dSLR three figure rebate I redeemed, it took months of waiting, and a resubmission of paperwork (minus the original UPC sent in earlier) after speaking to an unusually helpful rep. I received the check in the mail shortly thereafter.

·
Registered
104 Posts
naiLS1 said:
They're just hoping you forget about it. That's why they do rebates in the first place.
Exactly. I've had to call on 2 rebates recently and 1 of them just sent the check out. The other is still ongoing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought my Tivo in early November 2005, sent in my rebate the day I got the tivo, and still haven't received it. My rebate was approved and scheduled to be sent 1-14-06, never got it. I emailed the rebate center and they issued me another check that was to be sent on 2-26-06, never got that either. I emailed Tivo in late March through their rebate center that promises to email back within 48 hours, never got a response. Now it's April 11th and I still haven't gotten my rebate back, I called today and asked about it and the representative said they are sending the rebate again. We'll see if it comes. Regardless of the outcome, this sounds like a case for the Better Business Bureau. I'll keep ya posted if it ever comes.

·
Your Hero
430 Posts
naiLS1 said:
They're just hoping you forget about it. That's why they do rebates in the first place.
Well, that, and when they do send out a rebate check they get to keep your money--and draw interest on it--before you get it back.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have had nothing but problems with my $150 rebate. It has been 4 months and still no resolution. There seems to be no way to resolve the rebate problem.

I have tried the rebate service center, customer service and even obtained a customer service case file. Customer service investigators are of no help in resolving Tivo's no-pay of rebates. They are in such financial turmoil that they might not have funds to pay all the rebates. (At one point they cut me a check for $0.00-yes ZERO dollars.)

I even told Kelsa, Customer Service BI%$H Investigator, that Tivo could reverse charge on the credit card that I made my $399 lifetime service commitment. She was VERY sorry (hehehe- she honestly he he'd) but there was NOTHING she would do. And btw, no I could not cancel my service since it was past 30days.

Someone gave me a great idea to re-sell my Tivo. I might do just that.

·
ID-10-T
16,781 Posts
What do they tell you when you call them? I doubt TiVo is handling their own rebates. I am sure it is outsourced. I have not gotten a rebate from TiVo, but I have dealt with a substantial number of rebates for electronic devices, and have always gotten my money. Sometimes it can take a ridiculously long time. One such case took 9 months and 20 some phone calls.

Anyways, when you call the rebate information center and ask them where you money is (this is for norebate), what exactly do they tell you. Your message does not explain that at all.

Stop calling customer service about the rebate. She is right, they can't do anything about it.

If you call them up and provide them the relevant information they have to have some sort of response. What is it?

·
Witty thought here.
158 Posts
I have two rebate experiences with TiVos and neither has worked without many interventions on my part. My current rebate was mailed 12/26/2005 and I'm still waiting on the check. I have received two separate postcards stating a duplicate TSN (error on their part) and have called each time, to be assured that everything is okay and the check will arrive in 4-6 weeks. There was approximately 6-weeks between these call. At least the rebate website shows a status of 3. It's been over 4-months waiting. Needless to say, I'm pissed. This is two strikes for me. I'll never purchase anything with a rebate again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If opsjerry is really jason (Jay) leneve customer support ops mgr? I spoke with him yesterday and provided all my rebate information about $0.00 rebate check being cut etc. he noted that tivo regularly checks "the tivo boards". Unfortunately, they don't check the better business bureau.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Checked out both Tivo and Parago-the Tivo rebate supplier against the Better Business Bureau dotorg data base. They have NUMEROUS complaints against them. It is no wonder why tivo can't turn a profit with a good product.

I bet you are having rebate problems just like myself. you can contact the executive management directly by sending your emails to their first initial no space last name at tivo dotcom. You can get their executive listings by looking up stock quote TIVO online. Have fun peace out.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Booka said:
This is two strikes for me. I'll never purchase anything with a rebate again.
I decided some years ago to never purchase anything because of a rebate, which is not to say I won't purchase anything that does. I just treat the rebate as a bonus. If I get it, lucky me, if not, oh well.

On a side note, I've had two rebates with TiVo. Both were flawless and arrived ahead of time.

·
Stylish Jane Sixpack
913 Posts
depends onthe person who processes it. You are entiltled to $99, but the data entry prson may overlook the price you paid and issue a $150 check. It's a gamble, so bank on $99, not $150.

·
Burning Daylight
1,508 Posts
If the rebate is for $150 you should get that amount. You purchased and activated the unit per the instructions.

What is on the rebate form, purchase an unit by x date, activate unit for y number of days receive $Z in rebate.

If it is on the coupon it has to be followed.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts