TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share my experience. I had planned on cancelling the TiVo service on my old TiVo Premiere now that I have a TiVo Bolt with lifetime service. So I called to cancel and they talked me into staying on at a discounted rate for several more months. When that deal was over, I called back to cancel again and this time they offered to let me have a lifetime subscription on the Premiere for only $100, so I took that deal.

I also saw a deal online where you could transfer your lifetime subscription from an old box onto your new Bolt box for only $100. I don't know if they're still offering that currently, but it may be worth asking about.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Just wanted to share my experience. I had planned on canceling the TiVo service on my old TiVo Premiere now that I have a TiVo Bolt with lifetime service. So I called to cancel and they talked me into staying on at a discounted rate for several more months. When that deal was over, I called back to cancel again and this time they offered to let me have a lifetime subscription on the Premiere for only $100, so I took that deal.

I also saw a deal online where you could transfer your lifetime subscription from an old box onto your new Bolt box for only $100. I don't know if they're still offering that currently, but it may be worth asking about.
You probably could have gotten the $100 all-in service initially, if you had turned down the initial discounted monthly rate offer.

Reactions: StarlightLady

·
Unknown Member
5,027 Posts
I think someone was offering to sell a lifetime subscription for $100 but I didn't think they could be transferred that way. Or it may have been an out-of-bounds political message about the Kavanaugh hearing tomorrow in which case it will soon be deleted. But I'm pretty sure I saw $100 about something.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I had an OTA on subscription for a year before buying a new one with lifetime. Kept the old one for spare parts. I've always wanted to add lifetime to the spare one for $100. It hasn't been active for years so is a longshot, but maybe it's time to call and try again.

Thanks for posting.

·
TDL shepherd
17,364 Posts
The transfer to a new bolt offer has expired. But they have done it two years in a row. Just make sure your premiere is connected to the internet so TiVo sees it and turned on once or twice a year in order to qualify in case they offer it again.
^This^

Read and heed, if interested in leveraging the Premiere for an upgrade. The Premiere would just need to successfully connect to the TiVo service every few months to ensure eligibility for future promos.

·
U.S. Army (ret.)
1,690 Posts
That is the second worst choice of fonts I have seen on TCF, right behind the early efforts of samccfl99. I tried to read it a couple of times but I had to give up because my eyes were hurting too badly. You might have said something interesting or useful, but I'll never know.
FWIW, I thought it was cute and seemed to match OP's personality based on her photo and screen name. And I had no trouble reading it on my device.

Variety being the spice of life . . .

·
Official Tivo User
398 Posts
Just wanted to share my experience. I had planned on cancelling the TiVo service on my old TiVo Premiere now that I have a TiVo Bolt with lifetime service. So I called to cancel and they talked me into staying on at a discounted rate for several more months. When that deal was over, I called back to cancel again and this time they offered to let me have a lifetime subscription on the Premiere for only $100, so I took that deal.

As others have said I don't think that offer presently is available. For the price paid seems like a decent deal to me. Btw I can read your post, a not quite as easy as black but not terrible.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
FWIW, I thought it was cute and seemed to match OP's personality based on her photo and screen name. And I had no trouble reading it on my device.

Variety being the spice of life . . .
Okay, I tried to read it again.

I woke up in disorientation a few minutes later to my dog jumping around me and barking in worry; apparently OP's text had caused a grand mal seizure. I'm not going to try to read that mess again.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Okay, I tried to read it again.

I woke up in disorientation a few minutes later to my dog jumping around me and barking in worry; apparently OP's text had caused a grand mal seizure. I'm not going to try to read that mess again.
:eek::eek::eek: Oh my God, are you okay?! :p:p:p

By the way, if you highlight the text, you shouldn't have any problem reading it. I'd hate for you to suffer another seizure. A month ago in Ohio, a five-year-old boy witnessed his mother go into a seizure and then the family's pet pit bull ripped her throat out, killing her. Hopefully your dog is cooler than that during your seizures. If my text color caused your pit bull to rip your throat out, I actually would feel bad about that, but then you're the one (in this hypothetical scenario) who decided that a fighting breed dog would make a good house pet, so I guess that's mostly on you.

Thank you to the lovely and accepting people here who support my choice of text color. I do appreciate that. I've run a forum for nearly 20 years now and there are those irritating new members who come in with their large, flashing signatures and huge fonts and whatnot. I don't tolerate that crap in my own forum. But a little color never hurt anyone (assuming you don't have a pit bull/seizure situation.) :eek:;) I probably would have already defaulted to black by now if one or two people weren't being melodramatic about it.:D:p It's hard to control my desire to tease them a bit. I also really do like pink (and emojis, if you hadn't noticed). :)

·
TDL shepherd
17,364 Posts
A month ago in Ohio, a five-year-old boy witnessed his mother go into a seizure and then the family's pet pit bull ripped her throat out, killing her.
Coroner: Cincinnati mother 'viciously mauled,' killed by her pit bull

But also found the following from the search, all from the last few months...
Yikes.

·
Deadlines Amuse Me
254 Posts
That is the second worst choice of fonts I have seen on TCF, right behind the early efforts of samccfl99. I tried to read it a couple of times but I had to give up because my eyes were hurting too badly. You might have said something interesting or useful, but I'll never know.
I guess it's not for the weaker amongst us. I, on the other hand, read it just fine.

Reactions: StarlightLady

·
Registered
3,921 Posts

By the way, if you highlight the text, you shouldn't have any problem reading it. I'd hate for you to suffer another seizure. A month ago in Ohio, a five-year-old boy witnessed his mother go into a seizure and then the family's pet pit bull ripped her throat out, killing her. Hopefully your dog is cooler than that during your seizures. If my text color caused your pit bull to rip your throat out, I actually would feel bad about that, but then you're the one (in this hypothetical scenario) who decided that a fighting breed dog would make a good house pet, so I guess that's mostly on you.

Thank you to the lovely and accepting people here who support my choice of text color. I do appreciate that. I've run a forum for nearly 20 years now and there are those irritating new members who come in with their large, flashing signatures and huge fonts and whatnot. I don't tolerate that crap in my own forum. But a little color never hurt anyone (assuming you don't have a pit bull/seizure situation.) :eek:;) I probably would have already defaulted to black by now if one or two people weren't being melodramatic about it.:D:p It's hard to control my desire to tease them a bit. I also really do like pink (and emojis, if you hadn't noticed). :)
Okay, you are now number one. You now beat out samccfl99 for the very worst use of font ever.

I couldn't read your post, but if I could I would comment that my pit bull is smart enough to rip the throat out of my attacker, not of the one who feeds him. (Not making a threat, you understand; because of course I can't read your post.)

·
2,342 Posts

Ouch!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.