TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this possible?

When the 3lnb dish was installed, they only ran 2 lines into the apartment.
I have a Terk 4x8 multiswitch available, but I can not get up to the roof of the Apartment building to run the other 2 lines.

Can I use the multiswitch inside using the 2 lines in to 4 lines out?

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Yes, you can use the 2 lines into a multiswitch. And as it is stated in the FAQ in the regular DirecTivo section, you will only be able to tune into channels on the 101 satellite. You will either need to run an additional pair of lines or use expensive stackers/de-stackers to get signals from all three satellite locations.

-Robert

·
I get paid 2watch TV
6,083 Posts
No.

You have to have all 4 lines from the 3lnb's built in multiswitch into the 4x8 multiswitch or you won't be able to see all the satellites.

phox

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
phox_mulder said:
No.

You have to have all 4 lines from the 3lnb's built in multiswitch into the 4x8 multiswitch or you won't be able to see all the satellites.

phox
Thanks.. It looks like I need to get up to the roof of the apartment and run some lines. I may need to be airlifted :)

·
Just hangin'
30,958 Posts
Note to others that may read this and are having a dish installation. Make sure the installer runs all four lines from the dish regardless of current need. Run the OTA feed as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts