Zvox with Tivo?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by missdona, Oct 20, 2007.

1. missdona

missdona Member

Apr 19, 2004

Advertisements

I was just looking at the Zvox 325. It seems to be a good sound solution for me.

Have any of you used it with Tivo? I didn't see it in the A/V list. Is there some sort of remote code we can use for it?

2. BarryD99

BarryD99 New Member

Mar 30, 2002
    Jacksonville,Fl
    I have one (and also the earlier model). It has a remote control which I've captured on my learning remote. For the price, it's good. Simple to install, Customer service and tech support are great.

I believe ZVOX has a 30 day try and return policy. Try it and return it if you don't like it.

3. dbtom

dbtom Member

Feb 14, 2002
    New York City
    I gave the 315 to my parents. It's got great sound and a huge improvement over the TV sound. It doesn't come with a remote control so I would imagine it's a little easier to use than the 325. My parent's unit broke under warranty and they replaced it without a problem.

4. BarryD99

BarryD99 New Member

Mar 30, 2002
    Jacksonville,Fl
    <<It doesn't come with a remote control so I would imagine it's a little easier to use than the 325. >>

The 315 is less expensive. In my case, the audio output from one of my HDTVs was variable so my TV remote could control the volume. The other HDTV only had a fixed output, so I needed the 325 and remote to control the volume.

BTW- extremely simple to install.

5. bltkmt

bltkmt Member

Apr 27, 2003
    CT

Advertisements

I have the 315 connected to an older set that has variable output as well, so all has been fine. Just bought a new HDTV and am not sure yet if the output is variable...is there an easy way to check?

6. mrkvm

mrkvm New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    I'm looking into the ZVOX 550 unit, which seems just about perfect for someone like me (just want something simple and better than the speakers in my TV).

So, it sounds like we'll need a learning remote (like the TiVo premium remote) to be able to control the volume/mute? I gather the standard TiVo remote won't work.

Thanks for any feedback.

7. loudives

loudives New Member

Mar 10, 2016
    Your zvox is a learning sound bar. You don't need a learning remote. Go into the learn mode on the zvox then hold your tivo remote in front of the zvox and follow the instructions in your zvox manual or go on line to zvox. I programed the zvox to accept the Tivo Peanut non learning remote in about 1min. think outside the box!!!! (program component to remote) most try to program remote to component.