Zoo - S1E2, "Fight or Flight" OAD 07/07/2015

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by classicX, Jul 8, 2015.

1. classicX

classicX Don't scream.

May 10, 2006
    Miles away...

Advertisements

Those "British" accents really bothered me, they seemed way over the top and put on.

2. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Apparently, Americans haven't caught up with the Brits and Aussies in doing foreign accents flawlessly.

(Both actors seem to live in New Orleans...I wonder if they're married IRL?)

3. classicX

classicX Don't scream.

May 10, 2006
    Miles away...
    I am also troubled by the fact that no one noticed that all of the lions were male - that alone would be suspicious to me.

4. JohnS-MI

JohnS-MI Active Member

Jan 25, 2014
    SE MI
    They noticed and commented on that in the first episode.

The whole premise "the animals aren't afraid any more" is pretty silly. We taught them to be afraid when we only had clubs, spears, and fire. Time to "gun up" and do some retraining.

5. stellie93

stellie93 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2006

Advertisements

I was glad to see that the dogs are also going homicidal. Cats always get a bad rap. ;)

6. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    While it's silly, has this been a common plot before? That is, "all of the animals gang together against the humans". While I admit that's not completely accurate, at least the animals are grouping together according to species so far (lions & housecats).

Basically, it seemed like it would be such an obvious plot, but I couldn't think of any specific examples.

(Sure, there are *individual* animals, e.g. Jaws, Cujo, Anaconda, etc..)

7. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I think I'm hooked. It has been a long time since I've watched a network drama (this seems similiar to Lost) and enjoyed this.

8. Jeeters

Jeeters Registered Snoozer

Feb 25, 2003
    PA
    The premise reminds me somewhat of a horrible '70s movie I remember seeing when I was a teen: "Day of the Animals". In that movie, ozone layer depletion causes some sort of chemical imbalance (or something) in animals to turn against and attack people.