Zippered Drive dieing, original wont boot

Discussion in 'TiVo Underground' started by coachO, Sep 9, 2007.

1. coachO

coachO New Member

Nov 25, 2004
    near...
    My zippered HR10 has begun to get very very slow, loosing video and audio. I think I should unzip it and then do a complete reinstall of the original image?

I have not even looked at this code since March, 2006, so I do not remember much of what I did.

1. Run tweak_uninstall.sh . Exactly what do I type and where do I do this, telnet? When I try to connect via telnet I get can not connect to port 23.
    2. Then just reimage it like I did before?
    3. I am not worried about the hacks, I just want tivo, so could I just reimage it without unzipping to make it work?
    4. Any thoughts about the power supply being the problem with the audio and video drop outs?

My original HDD that I so carefully stored is stuck on the powering up screen. After further checking, I think the hard drive has failed.

I have been using the HR20 and I really have get my TIVO working again!

2. coachO

coachO New Member

Nov 25, 2004
    near...
    I went ahead and did a clear and delete since I could not telnet. It seems to work much better but I have seen a delay when changing channels and going from stereo to digital audio.

I also zippered a new hard drive and I am seeing a few delays, it must be the power supply, any other ideas?