YoutubeTV app video freezes while audio continues

Discussion in 'TiVo Stream 4K' started by sandersx2, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Mar 3, 2021 #1 of 78
    sandersx2

sandersx2 New Member

Apr 17, 2006

Advertisements

I have a wired Tivo Stream 4K and since the latest update, I constantly get video freezing while the audio continues playing. I have a great connection, fast internet, and still have not been able to figure out a solution. Its almost unbearable to watch because of how often it freezes. If I back up and then fast forward, it continues to play. I've tried a factory reset, deleting YTTV and reinstalling, rebooting router and Tivo Stream 4k and nothing makes a difference. Help! Any suggestions?

Jim Leonard and Old Roamio 0 like this.
  2. Mar 5, 2021 #2 of 78
    scottchez

scottchez Active Member

Dec 1, 2003
    I have the same problem.
    I think the Youtube TV update broke it.
    So bad I switched back to FireTV for now.
    I also tried everything like resets. How do you open a ticket with Youtube tv or Tivo, hope they are reading this.
    Not usable, need to roll back last update.

Old Roamio 0 likes this.
  3. Mar 5, 2021 #3 of 78
    Alex_7

Alex_7 Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2020
    Go to settings -> Apps - Youtube TV -> Uninstall updates
    This will revert the Youtube TV app to an older version

Old Roamio 0 likes this.
  4. Mar 7, 2021 #4 of 78
    scottchez

scottchez Active Member

Dec 1, 2003
    Still not usable
    Must not be a YouTube TV update as there was nothing to roll back. Or maybe once I reinstalled the rollback option is not there.
    Also today there was an Andriod Update, I did that, rebooted twice, reinstalled again.
    Still not working.
    Seems worse on local ABC and NBC channels , can reproduce quickly on them. Other channels work great.

5. Mar 9, 2021 #5 of 78
    scottchez

scottchez Active Member

Dec 1, 2003

Advertisements

I also tried Ethernet connection and Wireless, no change.
    Video keeps locking up.
    So not happy, I am past the return period.
    My choice now is buy something else for the other room or switch to Sling I guess.

Jim Leonard likes this.
  6. Mar 9, 2021 #6 of 78
    fattymcbuckles

fattymcbuckles Member

May 21, 2020
    Alex_7 likes this.
  7. Mar 9, 2021 #7 of 78
    Alex_7

Alex_7 Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2020
    This ^

8. Moebius

Moebius Member

Nov 25, 2002
    Not there...
    I was seeing this before the most recent update, but what's strange is that (for me at least) it's only on certain channels and only when watching live TV. I never see the freeze when watching something recorded. I've seen other posts of people seeing similar problems on other devices, so it may be more of a YTTV problem than specifically TiVo Stream.

Jim Leonard likes this.
  9. scottchez

scottchez Active Member

Dec 1, 2003
    I can repeat this issue constantly on TIvo. Plug in a Firetv or Roku into same tv and same HDMI and never an issue. Has to be a Tivo issue

10. kschrobi

kschrobi New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Also having this same issue as the others with video freezing mostly on youtube tv local channels and pbs. The Stream is a great little device so hopefully this is an easy fix.
    Has anyone installed an older version of the youtubetv app and know which is the latest version without the issue? Also which architecture is the stream 4k armeabi-v7a, arm64-v8a or x86?

11. Alex_7

Alex_7 Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2020
    Maybe google broke the youtube tv app on the tivo stream to force users to buy the chromecast with google tv..

12. osu1991

osu1991 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2015
    Oklahoma
    I noticed it happening today on my TS4K in the office while I had the noon local news on. It worked perfect on ESPN before that for the Big 12 basketball game.

13. Alex_7

Alex_7 Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2020
    What app version do you guys have installed?

14. kschrobi

kschrobi New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Alex_7 likes this.
  15. Alex_7

Alex_7 Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2020
  16. kschrobi

kschrobi New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    I spoke too soon and abc froze for me now on the older version of youtube tv. Must be an issue with the tivo stream device.

17. kschrobi

kschrobi New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Also noticed last night that switching the video format to 480p fixes the issue of freezing video. Not really an ideal fix but its something. Is there a way to report this issue to tivo so they can take a look? It must be a codec issue with local channels or at least something that can be easily detected in their logs.

18. blackngold75

blackngold75 Active Member

Mar 9, 2010
    Northern...
    Has anyone contacted TiVo Support about this and received any helpful response? Or, any response at all? I'm curious what they've said.

19. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    I use TS4K with YTTV fairly frequently to play back cloud recordings and have yet to run into any issues. (Don't tune to anything live though).

20. scottchez

scottchez Active Member

Dec 1, 2003
    Issue is only with live channels like NBC and ABC. Possible codec issue
    Open a Tivo case Three weeks ago. Still no answer other than reboot or reset and we cant duplicate the issue. Maybe if everyone opens a case they will believe us that there is an issue. They