YouTube Video Stutters after 20.4.6aRC1

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by a_gizmo, Mar 16, 2015.

1. a_gizmo

a_gizmo New Member

May 8, 2014
    Louisville KY

Advertisements

My Premiere got the new 20.4.6aRC1 update late last week and I was excited for the new OnePass and Amazon features. I was struck by horror when I discovered the new software has made YouTube playback stuttery. Several times a minute the audio/video will stutter and skip, making the experience unenjoyable. My TiVo even crashed while trying to playback the Ben Heck show on Saturday. I know the YouTube experience was slow and painful before, but at least the videos played without issue (once you got one started).

Anybody else having this issue?

2. bubba1972

bubba1972 Member

Mar 28, 2005
    I was looking around to see if anyone else was having this problem. It is unusable. Using my TVs app for the time being.

3. shwru980r

shwru980r Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Yes, I've noticed the stuttering. The same youtube video works fine on my firetv and even my Tivo HD.

4. LI-SVT

LI-SVT Member

Sep 28, 2006
    I have tis problem too.

5. Durfman

Durfman Member

Nov 19, 2001
    Lawrencevill...

Advertisements

I'm experiencing this problem as well, so you're not alone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. a_gizmo

a_gizmo New Member

May 8, 2014
    Louisville KY
    Update 20.4.7 was installed on my Premier today. Youtube playback is still stuttery. I've had to switch to watching YouTube through my Samsung Blu-ray player. Luckily it and my TV support HDMI-CEC so I can control the two through one remote.

7. DJQuad

DJQuad Poker Junkie

Dec 22, 2004
    Fort Wayne, IN
    The YouTube app is the biggest POS. Not only does it stutter, the volume periodically goes out for about 15 seconds, the video "ends" about a minute before it's supposed to, videos in playlists don't autoplay, you can't go back to a previous video.

The UI sucks to begin with. You can't go from a video in my subscriptions to a playlist and vice versa. You can't choose another playlist. You have to make your own playlists since you can't see a channel's playlists anymore.

And seeing the SAME AD before every video is a nice touch.

I cannot believe TiVo allows this crap on their platform.

8. porges

porges Member

Feb 28, 2001
    I'm also having this problem. Total speculation: it's trying to get the highest-quality feed, and failing to correctly detect that it can't handle it and fall back to a lesser resolution.

9. DJQuad

DJQuad Poker Junkie

Dec 22, 2004
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Could be, but Roku handles it fine. There's an on-going discussion at http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=526984