YouTube tv screen freeze

Discussion in 'TiVo Stream 4K' started by fattymcbuckles, Sep 15, 2020.

1. fattymcbuckles

fattymcbuckles Member

May 21, 2020

Advertisements

So has anyone had any issues with streaming with the TiVo 4K on YouTube tv and had the video portion of the screen freeze while audio keeps playing? Was watch some football on ESPN last night and Sunday on Fox and this kept happening.

mschnebly likes this.
  2. fattymcbuckles

fattymcbuckles Member

May 21, 2020
    So I now have it hooked up to Ethernet and have had no screen freeze on YouTube tv so it was a WiFi problem I’m guessing.

3. mschnebly

mschnebly Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2011
    Mesa
    WiFi is really flaky on these things.

4. Diacritical

Diacritical Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Brooklyn...
    Same here. It’s only the YouTubeTV app. All other streaming apps seems fine. I get plenty of bandwidth, no latency problems that I can see using the diagnostics on the router. I used to be able to get decent performance without freezing tethered from my phone, but the same defect is happening there. Something changed recently, and it’s not the network.

5. Flebotomy

Flebotomy New Member

Apr 29, 2021

Advertisements

I am having the same issue here. Plenty of bandwidth, all other apps work fine. This is extremely frustrating.

6. Foogie

Foogie New Member

Mar 23, 2021
    If it is only the one app with problems it is unlikely Tivo is going to do anything about it considering it competes against Sling who they have a deal with and nowhere in their promotions do they mention YoutubeTV. You need to get YoutubeTV to fix it, the bug seems to affect Android 9 devices which is the most common version used worldwide but YoutubeTV is only US and Roku, FireTV and chromecast (in terms of budget/dongle devices) are more common in the US - which makes fixing the problem is less of a priority.

7. RodgerDJr

RodgerDJr New Member

Aug 17, 2009
    Florida
    I had this same issue with two different TiVo Streams. I was able to take one back the other I had gotten too long ago so I still have it. I spoke with YouTubeTV and their suggestion was to downgrade the resolution. I have it at 480 and it works fine, but that is a short term fix for me. I have a ChromeCast with Google TV on another TV and I do not have any issues streaming at 1080. The video never freezes like it does with the TiVo. So it sounds like it is an issue with TiVo and the app maybe it is something with Android 9.