Youtube pairing no longer seems to work

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by WorldBandRadio, Jan 5, 2018.

1. WorldBandRadio

WorldBandRadio Active Member

Dec 20, 2010

Advertisements

I went through the usual steps to pair my notebook with the TiVo yuoutube app. It had worked infallibly in the past, but now all I see on my TV is the Tivo equivalent of a shrug.

Has TiVi stopped supporting youtube?b

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    YouTube on my Roamio has stayed linked to my devices since the day I linked them.

3. Jets

Jets Member

Sep 28, 2010
    I can no longer cast to my Tivo's . Started about a week ago. Is this what you are describing?

4. OhFiddle

OhFiddle Active Member

Dec 10, 2006
    Chicago Burbs
    Something did change recently, but I can't say exactly when since I don't often use the casting option. On my Android tablet the cast button in both the You-Tube and Netflix app is failing to show my Roamio Plus as an option, but the two Tivo Minis connected to the Roamio are still showing up as options which is odd. In the You-Tube app I was able to re-pair it by opening the You-Tube app on the Tivo Roamio and getting a pairing code which I entered on the tablet's You-Tube app. The Roamio then showed up as an option to cast to, but with a different name that it would normally have. It worked fine then, but when I just checked now in my tablet's apps cast button, the Roamio is missing again. All the Tivos on the network used to just show up as casting options on the tablet with no setup necessary that I can recall, so this is odd.

5. slowbiscuit

slowbiscuit FUBAR

Sep 19, 2006
    In the ATL

Advertisements

Casting for my Roamio and one of my 3 Minis disappeared some time last year. The other 2 Minis still have it but only from the Android YT app and not Chrome on my laptop, so yeah it's odd.

6. Jets

Jets Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Here is what is now happening to me. If I cast Youtube, the Roamio acknowledges it, starts Youtube App, but then sits on the Youtube Home page instead of playing the video.

7. Jets

Jets Member

Sep 28, 2010
    I think the problem is with my chrome installation. Not Tivo.

8. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    I recently did a cast from my iPad to a new Bolt. I never set up any pairing and it simply just worked.