YouTube Not Working?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Yudoka, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Yudoka

Yudoka Member

Feb 12, 2015

Advertisements

we haven't been using our TiVo apps for a bit as they're fitting worse and worse, but now YouTube doesn't really seem to be working at all. I can get it to fully load but it then freezes every time. Anyone have this issue, and is there anything that can be done?

2. ajwees41

ajwees41 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE

yes it seems to be stuck on old software version it was working with the version thats on the smart tv, but it reverted back to old software after daily connection

CopRock likes this.
  3. CopRock

CopRock Member

Jul 13, 2014
    Yeah, PlutoTV is in the same boat and most of the time it won't load at all ...overall apps on Tivo, at least on Roamios, have always been crap. Older versions of apps and low processing power in Tivos make for less than stellar performance

4. Yudoka

Yudoka Member

Feb 12, 2015
    Thanks. It's kinda what I thought. PlutoTv hasn't really worked since day one on our Roamio. It would load but be just about unusable.

The DVR portion still works relatively well (some minor slowdown at times), but I won't bother buying a new TiVo DVR until and if they release an android based one. They're almost trying to give away Edge, but unless they want to do all-in plus the hardware at under $200, I'm not buying it. I'm also not holding my breath that they will do a new DVR like that. Seems like there's less and less of a market for that.

5. slowbiscuit

slowbiscuit FUBAR

Sep 19, 2006
    In the ATL

Advertisements

Get sticks or use TV apps, forget apps on Roamios.

6. ajwees41

ajwees41 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE

why when until this last software update all apps were working now either youtube works and cox ondemand gives v202 error or cox on demand works and youtube is frozen

7. johnfasc

johnfasc Active Member

Dec 24, 2014
    I cannot get any apps to work now on my 1tb Roamio OTA. Its like they were hyjacked by my LG after I loaded Peacock via the LG app screen. So is it TiVo or LG that's responsible?
    Any fix?
    Reset did it, for now anyway....

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
  8. slowbiscuit

slowbiscuit FUBAR

Sep 19, 2006
    In the ATL
    Avoids a lot of wasted time and frustration, mostly. The apps run very poorly on Roamios anyway, if you're using those.