YouTube loads to error screen

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by SallyC, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Nov 4, 2020 #1 of 26
    SallyC

SallyC Member

Jan 1, 2015

Advertisements

When trying to load the YT app on our Roamio it suddenly started going to a screen showing a YT search bar with a chimpanzee holding a magnifying glass. There's a sentence that says "This page isn't available. Sorry about that period try searching for something else."

I've tried unchecked the app, reconnecting to the Tivo service, checking the app, reconnecting to the Tivo service. Also rebooting and power cycle.

Any help would be appreciated. T.

2. Nov 5, 2020 #2 of 26
    NowPlaying

NowPlaying Member

Mar 7, 2002
    Menlo Park,...
    Same problem on my Bolt. Started this evening.

3. Nov 5, 2020 #3 of 26
    SallyC

SallyC Member

Jan 1, 2015
    I'm sorry for you, but hopefully this means someone will fix something because I don't know what to do.

4. Nov 5, 2020 #4 of 26
    SallyC

SallyC Member

Jan 1, 2015
    So I called Tivo, told them all this and they looked my system over, said everything is up to date and works fine.

He wanted me to call YT and report it. I had no idea you even could call YT and when I said so he told me he had a number and would connect me.

It ran a few times and then there was a message about this line not being in use and we were disconnected.

That's all I can tell you. I hope YT figures it out without me.

5. Nov 5, 2020 #5 of 26
    NowPlaying

NowPlaying Member

Mar 7, 2002
    Menlo Park,...

Advertisements

Still no Youtube tonight. Was hoping someone would have a fix by now.

6. Nov 5, 2020 #6 of 26
    djgoldman

djgoldman New Member

Oct 22, 2014
    Got a roamio doing this as well. A mini tivo on the same network works fine on youtube. It has to be a roamio specific issue.
    Reset didn’t change anything.

7. Nov 6, 2020 #7 of 26
    SallyC

SallyC Member

Jan 1, 2015
    Tivo engineers need to be talking to YT engineers. The idea of Tivo thinking we can troubleshoot this with YT as end users is ridiculous. We're literally looking at a black box and have no idea what's going on inside.

Tivo support looked at my box and knows it's up to date in every way, but the YT app is not going to a proper page. How can they not know they have a problem?

8. Nov 6, 2020 #8 of 26
    Teeps

Teeps Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2001
    Torrance,Cal...
    at 0812 hrs I tried youtube on my xl4 and it works... kind of.
    Took nearly 5 minutes to get to a video to play.

9. Nov 6, 2020 #9 of 26
    slowbiscuit

slowbiscuit FUBAR

Sep 19, 2006
    In the ATL
    :facepalm:

You guys are gluttons for punishment when decent streamers are cheap, easy and perform 100% better than this app slug.

10. Teeps

Teeps Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2001
    Torrance,Cal...
    Yes it's also one more remote one more wall wart to deal with too.
    But you are correct there are other and better ways to view youtube on the TV.

11. SallyC

SallyC Member

Jan 1, 2015
    I'm not a glutton for punishment. I'm more like your grandmother who is happy when things work and over her head when they don't.

I don't even know what things you refer to, honestly.

12. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I have never had an issue with YouTube on my Roamio or Mini.

13. SallyC

SallyC Member

Jan 1, 2015
    My Roamio was working fine until Wednesday. My Tivo software version says: 20.7.4.stream.RC2-USB-6

It's like it's trying to load the app - the usual One Moment screen and then a blank screen for a second or two until the search screen comes up. There's no other option and even trying to enter characters into the search bar using the remote does nothing.

It's a dead-end screen. And it worked fine Wed until sometime during the afternoon. I'm just sorry I exited YT to check on the news. When I tried to come back it was broken. We'd just gotten the Premium too. Hopefully someone will fix it soon.

14. ajwees41

ajwees41 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE
    it loads fine on mine just no navigation using arrows

15. normfromga

normfromga New Member

Jan 15, 2016
    I have an OTA Bolt, 21.10.2.V3-USC 11-849, and it has had the same problem with YouTube since Wednesday.

The app works ok on my Roku, though I do not agree that it is normally superior. I cannot adjust the playback speed as I could on the TiVo, as I recall.

16. SallyC

SallyC Member

Jan 1, 2015
    Since my Tivo support ticket is still open, a couple days ago I updated it to say it's still a problem. I haven't heard back.

17. NowPlaying

NowPlaying Member

Mar 7, 2002
    Menlo Park,...
    YouTube started working on my Bolt today.

18. SallyC

SallyC Member

Jan 1, 2015
    Just checked ours and it's working now too!

19. SallyC

SallyC Member

Jan 1, 2015
    Yesterday Tivo closed my support ticket on this.

This morning the same dead end chimpanzee YT search screen appeared when trying to launch the YT app.

20. sysfrank

sysfrank New Member

Jul 8, 2015
    Kentucky
    Well as of today, November 13, my Romeo is doing the same thing. The YouTube app is giving a search screen with the monkey. In fine print it says it can't find the page. Part of the convenience of TiVo is that it is all right there in one place. I don't want to have to connect a stick and switch to another device.