Youtube Issue (Non subscription/playlist problem)

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Blacknotice, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Blacknotice

Blacknotice New Member

Mar 28, 2010
    San Francisco
    While watching some(some being the key word) videos on Youtube, the video flickers off and on. The sound goes mute and the tv turns black or green for a quick second. This will happen many times on the same video.

I am using a Sony Bravia tv with a Sony HT System. All hooked up through hdmi cables.

I run the same Youtube videos through my PS3 without any problems. Does anyone have any information that could help me along with this. Thank You in advance

2. Fofer

Fofer Bo55man69

Oct 29, 2000
    The YouTube app on TiVo sucks, and always has. Tremendous bugs that TiVo hasn't fixed in 2.5+ years. That's about all there is to it.

3. smbaker

smbaker Well-Known Member

May 24, 2003
    Had this same problem yesterday when trying to 'show off' the Tivo to the girlfriend. After a complete and total inability to play even the simplest of youtube videos, even after allowing the whole thing to buffer so as to eliminate any possibility the issue being a network problem, we gave up playing youtube.

Tivo is the device the un-sells itself. The more you demonstrate them to friends and family, the more people are turned off due to the massive unrelenting uncorrected bugs that permeate every aspect of the hopelessly flawed device.

4. Fofer

Fofer Bo55man69

Oct 29, 2000
    I wouldn't go that far. It's a great, reliable DVR once it's all set up right. All the other stuff they've added (that's pretty much expected in any TV set top box these days) though, that's where it stinks.

5. smbaker

smbaker Well-Known Member

May 24, 2003
    At some point, it dies from the Death of a Thousand Cuts. Enough bugs left unfixed for a long enough time, even if they are minor, will kill a product.

6. chrispitude

chrispitude New Member

Apr 23, 2005
    I just reported this same problem to TiVo support. I was trying to watch a presidential speech. When the TiVo was directly connected to TV, it was just brief flashes of noise. When the TiVo was connected through my Denon receiver (as it normally is), the interruptions were 1-2 seconds long as the receiver had to re-perform an HDMI handshake after each drop.

smbaker, you're so right about it being the device that unsells itself.