Youtube Buffering

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by TRFinsc, Jan 18, 2020.

1. TRFinsc

TRFinsc New Member

Oct 29, 2019

Advertisements

Does anyone else have buffering problems when they play a video on YouTube? I only have the problem with my Tivo Roamio. My Roku, Amazon Fire TV and Apple TV do not have this problem. It works great except for this small proble.

Sent from my rammus using Tapatalk

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Basic Roamio. Never have a buffering problem. I use it to watch Last Week Tonight and Real Time. If there's a live SpaceX launch I watch that too.

3. shwru980r

shwru980r Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Are you using a wired internet connection? Have you tried swapping locations to rule out a bad connection?

4. dougtv

dougtv Member

May 20, 2015
    The interface is laggy on my Roamio Pro as most apps on TiVo are... but never any serious buffering issues with YT. Expierence with both TE3 and TE4. Even my Minis have played YouTube pretty well despite again, a very laggy app interface. I only have major buffering issues on mini with Prime.

Streaming Apps on TiVo is always a wildcard I feel like. I personally try to keep TiVo to DVR and Live TV usage only. I use the guide to find a movie sometimes and if TiVo says it's on a streaming app, I just pull out my FireTV or Apple TV remote depending on which TV I'm at :)

5. TRFinsc

TRFinsc New Member

Oct 29, 2019

Advertisements

I am using a wired connection. It does do it on Hulu or Netflix.

6. TRFinsc

TRFinsc New Member

Oct 29, 2019
    I have tried using my Tivo as only over-the-air play and record. It may be as you said that the YouTube App needs an upgrade. Maybe it is the processor in the Tivo Roamio. I have noticed my new Roku has much better performance.