Youtube App

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by steve_togo, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Feb 6, 2015 #1 of 11
    steve_togo

steve_togo Member

Oct 23, 2014
    MICHIGAN
    I have a Tivo Roamio and I have issues casting youtube videos from my Android or Ipad, I tried searching in Google and could not find a solution. The app works if I open and search for videos but casting does not work.

I also updated to the latest software with one pass on it. It still does not work, Can some one please help me with this.

Thanks.

2. Feb 6, 2015 #2 of 11
    rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    What do you mean "casting does not work"? Do you see Roamio listed in the list of castable devices in the Youtube app? Does casting result in an error?

I cast from my iPhone all the time with no issues.

3. steve_togo

steve_togo Member

Oct 23, 2014
    MICHIGAN
    I dont see my Roamio as a list of devices available to cast. It is driving me nuts... How are you casting it? Have you paired your phone with a code or do you just cast automatically without pairing any devices?

I have two minis and it does not appear to have any problems.

4. philt56

philt56 Member

Aug 21, 2008
    I just posted a similar. Didn't know the word "casting", I said streaming.

Anyways from the YouTube app on my iPad, it shows my oppo bluray and my premiere, but not my roamio pro.

Shows same on my iPhone 6 plus.

Not sure if my roamio ever showed up before.

5. steve_togo

steve_togo Member

Oct 23, 2014
    MICHIGAN
    I don't know how its working for some and not for others.

6. May 2, 2015 #6 of 11
    philt56

philt56 Member

Aug 21, 2008
    Can anyone cast from iPad (I have air 2) or iPhone 6 to a roamio with latest iOS?

7. May 2, 2015 #7 of 11
    philt56

philt56 Member

Aug 21, 2008
    Ok, I've gotten it to work but not obvious if roamio has to be done this way and premieres don't?

I kind of did like this: http://www.cnet.com/how-to/pair-your-youtube-app-with-an-xbox-360/

I went into the YouTube app on my iPad and went to settings->connected tvs->add a TV
    Then I went into the YouTube app on the TiVo and went to settings->pair a TV and entered the code on the iPad.

It shows up as YouTube TV and allows you to cast to it, but as soon as you disconnect, you have to do this again. So it's a pain if you ever want to cast to some other device. If you disconnect you see the other devices but no longer have the TV cast in the list.

8. May 5, 2015 #8 of 11
    steve_togo

steve_togo Member

Oct 23, 2014
    MICHIGAN
    This was always working, it would be nice to have it with out pairing

9. May 5, 2015 #9 of 11
    mrsean

mrsean Active Member

May 15, 2006
    New Jersey
    I can cast from my iPad Air 1 and I did nothing to set it up. I just saw the option in YT one day, tried it and it worked.

10. steve_togo

steve_togo Member

Oct 23, 2014
    MICHIGAN
    True, the configuration is a pain. When we have friends at home they uses to access our now playing list without any configuration. But now it is not possible.

11. Bwatford141

Bwatford141 Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Naples, FL
    I had this very same issue with my Roamio. I was able to get it working again by running a low level format or write zeros (full delete) on the hard drive.