Your favorite morning show

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Havana Brown, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Havana Brown

Havana Brown Ring Turner

Feb 3, 2005
    Your...

Advertisements

For years I've watched the Today Show. I don't know why I do it because those cackling hens get on my nerves. They always talk over each other and their guests. Now with Kathie Lee added to it, it's worse! I guess I'm in the market for a replacement.

What's your favorite morning show?

2. JDHutt25

JDHutt25 Active Member

Dec 27, 2004
    No time for a morning show. I wake up, get in the shower, get dressed, and head for the bus.

3. MegaHertz67

MegaHertz67 Registered Smart Ass

Apr 18, 2005
    Miami
    I have always watched the Today show except those few times I watched the Early Show to see the Survivor winner get the big check. A friend and colleague stopped watching the Today show not for the national talent, but because the local weatherman on the cut ins was so annoying. He switched over to CNN with Solidad O'Brien and is very pleased.

I still can't get enough Al Roker and his bad wordplay, and I'm out of the house waaaay before the 10:00 hour so KLG doesn't bother me a bit.

4. daperlman

daperlman check the rhime

Jan 25, 2002
    Southeast
    Morning Joe... nothing else comes close. But I watch a local report to get traffic for my commute. When I get into the car I switch to Washington Journal. I love how CSPAN let's insane callers speak without interupting.

5. Saturn_V

Saturn_V Now with flavor!

Jun 1, 2007
    Oklahoma...

Advertisements

Does Your Weather Today count as a morning show? Nicole Mitchell was at Sea World playing with Dolphins- and she made me 15min late this morning.

6. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Fox and Friends!

7. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    Malcolm in the middle, Angel or MASH depending on the episodes that are playing on the others.

8. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    Never seen a morning show, it's local news or the weather channel ( both Tivo'd first 15 minutes to get weather and traffic)

9. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    CNN News Headlines. Short and sweet. Though I do want to see Robin do some real tragidy live like 9/11. I suspect they would grab an anchor with more gravitas.

10. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    Good Day L.A.

:D

11. anom

anom Enlightened

Apr 18, 2005
  12. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Can someone explain to me the need these shows have to send their weather person on remote and spend more time talking about the location where they are than they talk about the weather? I can't think of anything more mind numbing.

We have a Season Pass for the first two hours of the Today Show, and I think my wife watches some of it occasionally, but mostly just to see what's going on in the world and the occasional interesting story they highlight. Most days it gets recorded over without being watched at all.

13. alpacaboy

alpacaboy Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2004
    The one that gets me is when they do stories about rising gas prices.
    Do they report any reasons why? No.
    Do they report any predictions as to future trends? Usually no.

Do they ask random people at a gas station whether they think prices are high? Yes.

Not pursuing the "talking to random people at gas stations" tangent, but geez, I can see rising gas prices as I drive into work. Why waste my time with a whole segment on that?

Favorite morning news used to be a local one(LA) with Lisa Joyner. But she left, so now it's a local one with Jessica Holmes.

14. stalemate

stalemate McGruber

Aug 21, 2005
    Little Rock, AR
    I have a thing for Ann Curry.

15. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Mike & Mike In The Morning. If you like sports.

16. HoldenBanky

HoldenBanky Insert witty remark

Oct 25, 2006
    NYC
    CW11 Morning News. If you've seen it you know what I mean. :up:

17. ElJay

ElJay Active Member

Apr 6, 2005
    I watch The Daily Show or Conan in the morning before I go to work. Morning "news" shows are too much fluff. If I'm forced to watch something, I prefer CNNHN with Robin Meade...

18. PurpleMonkeyDish

PurpleMonkeyDish Perfectly Cromulent

Dec 28, 2003
    Sector 7G
    I watch the evening news with Brian Williams that I recorded from the previous day. It's news that's twelve hours old, but it's still better than having to deal with Ann Curry.

19. 5thcrewman

5thcrewman Active Member

Sep 22, 2003
    NW
    Sunrise Earth

20. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    They ALL annoy me.