You should check out Dirty Sexy Money...

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by marksman, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Dec 9, 2007 #1 of 37
    marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002

Advertisements

...if you want. I don't really want to shill for the show, but I really enjoy it, as it is one of my favorite shows on TV. Probably my favorite new show of this season.

I noticed that they are running the Pilot episode Wednesday night 12/12/07 at 10pm ET/9pm CT.

So just in case someone who did not catch it from the beginning might want to check it out. Have a look. I don't know if they are going to re-run all the episodes in order or not, but they might.

I am on the look out for shows I have missed that might be rerunning from the beginning as well, so I can fill in some of this deadtime.

2. Dec 9, 2007 #2 of 37
    Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    It's just dirty sexy fun. If Karen ever sinks her hooks into Nick, and Lisa leaves, I'm ready to console Lisa. She's hot. Their avaricious little daughter can stay with Dad, though. :D

3. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    Our new favorite guilty pleasure.

4. anom

anom Enlightened

Apr 18, 2005
    With the cast that it has, you'd expect a show with a little more gravitas, but I agree that it's fun in a soapy way, and worth watching. I guess Peter Krause felt like he had to lighten up a little after six years of death.

5. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX

Advertisements

I was all set to watch the first ep or two and then delete the SP. But I got hooked! The show was more than the prime time soap I was expecting it to be.

6. EchoBravo

EchoBravo TV-MA LSV

Apr 20, 2002
    PHX, AZ
    It's my #1 Season Pass.

I can't recall a new show that's ever held that slot before.

7. ZooCaretaker

ZooCaretaker Lock up the lions

May 22, 2007
    MA
    Absolutely worth watching -- I think I'll watch the Pilot again! Thanks for the info.

8. Vito the TiVo

Vito the TiVo Rockin' the Suburbs

Oct 27, 2003
    Valencia,...
    Great show, but note that it's on Wednesday the 12th, not Thursday.

9. markz

markz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    Lisa is definitely the hottest one on the show!

My wife & I are really enjoying this show. I think it just keeps getting better.

10. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    Doh, Sorry thanks for the correction. Somehow I keep thinking it is on Thursday, and messed up when I wrote that.

11. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    It's amazing what a short hair style can do. I've seen her with longer hair, and she never struck me as anything special. But now she's on my short list.

12. markz

markz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    Yeah, she was attractive on JAG, but not amazingly hot like she is now!

13. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    I watched the first 2 shows of the season and then deleted the SP because1)I wasn't that interested and
    2)I had too many other shows to watch.
    But now with the writer's strike putting an end to the new ep's of the shows I watch, I think I'll give it another try.

I'm also looking for other shows to replace Heroes, House, Grey's, Men in Trees, Survivor, Bones, CSI, Earl, How I met you Mother, and Desperate Housewives. Any suggestions?

14. ToddNeedsTiVo

ToddNeedsTiVo Shampoo is not toxic

Sep 1, 2003
    Ankeny, IA
    This show is definitely my favorite new drama this season. If someone took a pass on it the first time around, I'd recommend taking another peek now that we're in the strike doldrums and the pilot is about to air again.

I've missed Peter Krause since we binged on the whole run of Six Feet Under in a few weeks' of DVD viewing last year.

And Zoe McLellan in that short hairdo? OMFG! Sweet, glorious HD! :D

15. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    Gossip Girl is similar to Dirty Sexy Money, only skewed younger. Very likable cast.

Samantha Who? is surprisingly inventive, and Christina Applegate is doing a great job.

16. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    Look like good suggestions, just SP'ed both, thanks!

17. Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    This show is just "okay" to me. Peter Krause was great on SFU, but seems to be sleepwalking through this series. I've seen better acting from a flat tire. And it feels a bit schizophrenic, as if the show doesn't know what to be. Comedy? Drama? Soap?

Anyway, It's on the end of a long list for me. :)

18. Mr. Soze

Mr. Soze Back by popular demand

Nov 1, 2002
    The 75006...
    FYP. Dude! Lingerie!

19. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I have DSM all saved up, but haven't started watching yet. I'm kind of hoping the strike extends for a little while so I can get caught up on stuff like this, Pushing Daisies, BSG, Las Vegas, etc.

I'm glad to see DSM has a decent following here, as I like to read threads about the shows after I watch them.

20. cwoody222

cwoody222 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 1999
    Buffalo, NY
    I didn't see a thread on the most recent episode. Can someone help me identify who played the guy who was visiting the girl-twin sister? He came from wherever she was just on vacation.

I couldn't find his name to look him up and I know I've seen him somewhere and it's bugging me.