You can delete shows from Tivo and they still transfer!

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by Puppy76, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Puppy76

Puppy76 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2004

Advertisements

Nifty discovery I made last night (I'm using 7.2.2 on my Tivo, and the newest Tivo Desktop).

You can delete shows from the Tivo after they've started transfering, and the transfer will continue. Tivo Desktop became unresponsive for a short bit after deleting the show (maybe 15-30 seconds), but other than that the transfer continued fine. This is kind of handy for me since I can just delete shows from the Tivo when I'm doing the transfer, rather than having to remember to do it later.

I didn't test it, but I assume they'll also still transfer if they're queued up within Tivo Desktop before being deleted.

Nifty! :up:

2. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    It's because it doesn't actually delete the show when you delete it, it just marks it for use by another show.

But if you start to transfer and something needs the spot, you may be screwed. Be careful

3. MusicMama

MusicMama Member

Mar 6, 2005
    It didn't work that way for me -- had queued a show that got deleted by another recording and it never transferred. Of course, I don't understand why it deleted the newest show instead of an older one of the same "until space needed" profile.

4. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Like MikeMar said... if the program is overwritten because the space is needed for another recording then this does not work. This only works is you manually delete the program from Now Playing and they nothing else comes along to overwrite it.

As for your other problem... Did you happen to change anything (i.e. keep until date, padding, etcc..) of the older one? If so that will disassociate it from the Season Pass and cause it to act like a one time recording. This means it wont adhear to the Keep At Most setting and will possibly get a slightly longer expiration date.

Dan

5. Killer69

Killer69 Free Your Inner TiVo

Jun 16, 2004
    Saint Paul, MN

Advertisements

I tested this sometime ago and the only show that will transfer after deleting it is the one that is currently tranferring. Shows that are queued up will not transfer if they are deleted before they begin to transfer. I haven't tried this after I received the recent update.