Yes, I'm the guy who made the new DirectTV - TiVo deal happen

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by isbellHFh, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Sep 5, 2008 #1 of 14
    isbellHFh

isbellHFh New Member

Nov 5, 2003
    Atlanta GA

Advertisements

So, I was pretty sure that as soon as I got rid of DirectTV this would happen. And not one week after I call and say goodbye, and plug in a new TiVo HD, the deal is announced.

I'm also the guy who makes it rain by washing his car and who makes the elevator come by getting fed up and taking the stairs.

So, you're welcome.

2. Sep 5, 2008 #2 of 14
    magnus

magnus Tivo User

Nov 12, 2004
    Texas
    I know another guy who will disagree with you and might even start a thread calling you out for such a statement. :D

3. Sep 5, 2008 #3 of 14
    orome

orome Tribal Style

Dec 29, 2004
    Caversham...
    I left DTV last month because of this lack. I feel your pain. :)

4. Sep 5, 2008 #4 of 14
    Citivas

Citivas Old Member

Oct 12, 2000
    Cranbury,...
    Thanks.

Don't worry about it. There's going to be at least a year between when the existing 10-250 boxes are useless for HD and the earliest time you could use a new TiVo on DirecTV, so even for people who haven't switched before the announcement they still face a choice of going elsewhere for a while or living with the DirecTV units.

5. Sep 5, 2008 #5 of 14
    20TIL6

20TIL6 BaDoop BaDoop BaDoop

Sep 7, 2006
    Cypress, TX

Advertisements

Well, look at it this way...

Now that you have a TiVo HD, you will have a very good idea of the features you will want and expect from the new HD TiVo from DirecTV. Assuming of course that you at some point consider going back to DirecTV.

6. Sep 5, 2008 #6 of 14
    BlankMan

BlankMan I'm the Kettle

Mar 30, 2002
    WI
    LOL

Hey could you do me a favor? Buy a new GMC pickup truck. I've been waiting for them to come out with a true hybrid.

7. Sep 5, 2008 #7 of 14
    TolloNodre

TolloNodre En Fuego

Nov 3, 2007
    You must be related to my buddy who had season tickets to the Detroit Tigers for years....until he gave up and didn't renew. For the 2006 season. When they went to the World Series.

8. Sep 5, 2008 #8 of 14
    stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    Well, I'm the guy who gets TV shows canceled by watching them, and products discontinued by buying them.

9. Sep 5, 2008 #9 of 14
    BlankMan

BlankMan I'm the Kettle

Mar 30, 2002
    WI
    LOL But ya know, everytime I find something new I really like at the grocery store they stop carrying it. And it's not that the Mfg. stopped making it, they just stop carrying it.

I'm glad Woodmans came to town, that may change things. Wow. I just Googled them and they appear to be Wisconsin based. By the size of their store I though they were National. Take your average big Super Size grocery store and double it or triple it. Yeah that big. And cheap.

10. shibby191

shibby191 New Member

Dec 24, 2007
    I wouldn't feel bad. It's *at least* a year away if not more (anyone expecting it to be on time is kidding themselves, I'd go for 1st half 2010). So in the meantime you can enjoy your Tivo HD vs. "suffering" with the HR20/21 and when the new DirecTivo is out you can then choose to come back at that time to some pretty sweet deals I'm sure. Or maybe you'll like cable just fine and stick with them. Sounds like a win-win either way.

11. lrhorer

lrhorer Active Member

Aug 31, 2003
    San...
    Nah, you're wrong. It only rains after my housekeeper comes and I bathe my dog. That way there's a clean house for all the mud on my dog. ;)

12. lazymannow

lazymannow New Member

Apr 29, 2004
    I have that problem with women......The relationships are great, then I marry them and everything goes south. I've just ended my 5th marriage.....No more for me.

I will just drink the milk and stay away from the whole cow.......................

13. hefe

hefe Rebus Philbin

Dec 5, 2000
    CO via Chi-town
    When they called me to try and "updrade" me to MPEG4, I told them that I'd be leaving DirecTv when my TiVo no longer worked, and that I was loyal to that, not them.

So I'm taking some credit too. ;)

14. SullyND

SullyND L: 31-14 (10-2) TCF Club

Dec 30, 2004
    Chicago Burbs
    GM plugs in to hybrid pickups. (AutoWeek)