Year of the Rabbit (IFC) -- Season 1

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by rharmelink, Mar 6, 2020.

1. rharmelink

rharmelink Active Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Anyone watching this new half-hour series on IFC? I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. It's about what Monty Python might have done if they had done a series about Sherlock Holmes.

Year of the Rabbit

Detective Inspector Rabbit, a dedicated, tough, thick and oft inebriated Victorian copper, sleuths his way across London with his two young partners, a doofy rookie, and a brilliant black policewoman no one ever believes.

Trailer (which doesn't do it justice):

Tony_T likes this.
  2. Tony_T

Tony_T Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2017
    I have it recorded, but unwatched.

Matt Berry is very funny.

“Bat!”

3. series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    I'm watching it and up to date.

4. OhFiddle

OhFiddle Active Member

Dec 10, 2006
    Chicago Burbs
    I'd tried the first episode but it was making me nauseous. It seems to be filmed at a high frame rate and it messes with my head. There was some other British show recently that gave me the same problem. I hope this isn't a trend.

5. mr.unnatural

mr.unnatural Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Ellicott...
    I had been watching Toast of London and saw the trailers for this show so I set up a season pass for it. I love the recurring role of Joseph Merrick as part of the cast. I've become a huge Matt Berry fan ever since I saw What We Do In The Shadows.

Sadly though, in typical British TV fashion there's only six episodes for season 1 and so far that's all that's aired on the BBC.

6. Tony_T

Tony_T Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2017
    “Bat!”