Yahoo Weather

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by saramj, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Aug 7, 2007 #1 of 10
    saramj

saramj New Member

Feb 3, 2005
    New Jersey
    i JUST PURCHASED THE NEW 299.00 sERIES 3 hd TiVo and set up the Yahoo applications with my user name and password. Everything took fine, however I continue to get the message (for 3 days now) "Now Experiencing Network Problems. Please try again later. I have been trying for 3 days to get onto the local weather. How far away is try again later?
    I am logged into the traffic site with the same user name and password with no problem.

Anyone experiencing the same issue?

2. Aug 7, 2007 #2 of 10
    TokyoShoe

TokyoShoe Frustrated TiVoHD'er

Jul 27, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    I've actually tried to use several of the applications like this in that same area.. and have run across atleast 5 that have been disabled or removed from their location the TiVoHD points to. Real pity, too. I would definitely use some of those.

3. Aug 8, 2007 #3 of 10
    Solver

Solver New Member

Feb 17, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    Yep! And I've tried many things to try to fix it.

BTW, I have a series 2

4. kh92463

kh92463 New Member

Jan 25, 2008
    I was able to log in a few times successfully, but haven't been able to for weeks. can log into the traffic with no problem.

does anyone know how to fix this issue?

5. jhhyde

jhhyde Member

Dec 31, 2001
    Sammamish, WA
    I've only ever been able to add new cities to my weather page on the TiVo by going to My Yahoo on my computer and adding it that way.

6. Breadfan

Breadfan Member

Jan 7, 2008
    Fort Smith, AR
    I can't find that on the Yahoo page.

7. jhhyde

jhhyde Member

Dec 31, 2001
    Sammamish, WA
    when i go to MyYahoo page I have a box for weather where you can edit and add additional cities. if you don't have a weather box there should be at the top on the left hand side of the screen a blue plus sign next to a line that says Add Content or if not there check under the Change Layout link. i think you can add the weather box there and setup your zip codes for the weather cities you are interested in.

8. Breadfan

Breadfan Member

Jan 7, 2008
    Fort Smith, AR
    I know how to add weather on my Yahoo page but I don't see any way to add it to the TiVo from there.

9. kevinwill1

kevinwill1 Don't Get Eliminated

Apr 18, 2004
    High Point, NC
    Has anyone ever figured out how to get this to work? I still get the "Now Experiencing Network Problems. Please try again later." message everytime I try to change the settings for Weather. In my actual 'My Yahoo' page, I only have my hometown listed for weather, but the default when I try to check it on Yahoo is some city in Mexico!?! I can enter my current ZIP code and see the weather for my area, but it defaults back to the city in Mexico every time. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

10. Ziggie

Ziggie TiVo Since 2003

Jan 20, 2004
    Under a...
    Has anyone gotten this to work? It worked once for me and hasn't worked since. My neighbor, who has been connected for ages, hasn't been able to get his to work either.

What does Tivo have to say about this? Do they have some sort of bulletin/notice regarding what's wrong?