Yahoo Traffic

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by atroy, Jul 19, 2010.

1. atroy

atroy New Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Bergen...

Advertisements

Does anyone use the Yahoo Traffic feature on their Tivo? Although I have entered in my yahoo login info, the traffic report does not change from day to day and is likely very old. I also get the error sometimes that service is unavailable. Any ideas? Tivo has a wireless connection and is doing find in all other internet features. Thanks.

2. jmill

jmill New Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Slightly off-topic.

I never understood the point of traffic info on TiVo. I mean if TiVo would be portable and something you could take with you on the road, than yes. But looking at traffic on stationary TiVo is well... But I'm glad at least someone uses it! :)

3. orangeboy

orangeboy yes, I AM orangeboy!

Apr 19, 2004
    East Moline, IL
    I've viewed TiVo Traffic Cam Viewer through TiVo apps. It's pretty consistent, reliability-wise...

4. jmX

jmX Member

May 7, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Huh? Having used traffic maps every day for 5 years in los angeles, I can't really understand how somebody might think they aren't useful. Just looking at the map as you're headed out the door will get you around 90% of the potential jams on a 30 minute drive. That is the point of traffic info, whether on a tivo or not.

My average commute times probably dropped by 30-40% once I started glancing at the map each time I leave, and as a result I might take 5 different paths to work in a given week.

5. andyf

andyf Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2000
    Houston,...

Advertisements

This is the Premier forum. Where are you finding Yahoo Traffic? The only traffic I see on my Premiere is provided by FrameChannel, not Yahoo.

6. strejcek

strejcek Member

Mar 15, 2006
    On both of my Premieres, the Yahoo features have all been pushed down below all of the framechannel features.

7. andyf

andyf Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2000
    Houston,...
    Ah! you're probably running the SDUI, right?

8. strejcek

strejcek Member

Mar 15, 2006
    Nope, HD GUI all the way here. The Yahoo stuff is all the way down at the bottom of the Showcases/Extras menus; below the games; at least on my two Premieres.

9. andyf

andyf Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2000
    Houston,...
    That's interesting. Both of my Premiers don't have any Yahoo apps! I assumed they'd been replaced by FrameChannel. Really don't care, I don't use either, but curious.