Yahoo listings registration

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by AlexJS, Jan 4, 2006.

1. AlexJS

AlexJS Rank Amateur

Jan 4, 2006
    Alexandria, VA
    I tried registering to use Yahoo's scheduling feature (in Firefox and IE) but I keep getting this error message after I accept the terms:

Gateway Timeout
    The proxy server did not receive a timely response from the upstream server.

This is coming from a page on TiVo's servers, so it's not a Yahoo problem. Could there be a problem with my network connection at home?

2. wgary

wgary New Member

Nov 22, 2003
    I just successfully scheduled a program, so maybe try again and it will work.

3. AnotherWin95

AnotherWin95 Registered TiVo User

Dec 12, 2004
    Jacksonville...
    I also use this exclusively for online scheduling and have not had any problems - may have just been a transient condition on the net.

4. ericr74

ericr74 Member

Apr 16, 2001
    Broomfield,...
    I'm having the same exact problem. Note that the problem is in signing up for the service, not in actually scheduling a recording. Alex and I have not gotten that far yet. :) After signing up for yahoo, yahoo sent me to a tivo page asking me to accept the terms and conditions. I selected accept, and this is when the web page tries for a few minutes, then gives the error Alex mentioned.

5. AlexJS

AlexJS Rank Amateur

Jan 4, 2006
    Alexandria, VA
    FWIW, my TiVo can still connect and I can schedule through TiVo's site, so all is not lost.

6. AlexJS

AlexJS Rank Amateur

Jan 4, 2006
    Alexandria, VA
    Tried again last night and finally got through. Hooray! :)