Xfinity VOD disappeared from menu

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by EnDorfinn, Apr 10, 2015.

1. EnDorfinn

EnDorfinn New Member

Apr 10, 2015
    A few days ago the Xfinity on-demand choice disappeared from my TIVO menu and has not re-appeared. I tried a reboot by shutting power off and back on but still no change. The other menu items in the on demand menu (like netflix) still work as does the rest of my cable. I also had comcast send a refresh signal with no change. I called both TIVO and Comcast/Xfinity, both of whom disconnected my call after I waited and the service person put me on hold. That also begs the question of why neither has the courtesy to call me back, since I can't just call them back directly. Does anyone know whether this is a TIVO or an Xfinity issue for me to follow up with another phone call, or if I can fix it myself. I have a premiere XL and an SD TV.

2. porges

porges Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Look under Settings-->Channels-->My Video Providers (I think it's called). That shows the possible services you can see in that list on Find Programs. Maybe it somehow got unchecked, which would be another mystery.

3. dbattaglia001

dbattaglia001 Member

Feb 9, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    You say you have an SD TV. So I assume you are not using The HDUI menus? If you are using the standard definition menus then maybe that is why you don't see it anymore?

4. EnDorfinn

EnDorfinn New Member

Apr 10, 2015
    In follow-up, the Xfinity On Demand choice "mysteriously" re-appeared. Having also submitted a forum question to comcast, and getting a reply message there from comcast service, I wondered if the problem had in fact been on their end and fixed internally. HOWEVER, 5 days later, now I have a new problem. After accessing Xfinity on demand last weekend, now my entire video on demand menu is gone. When I select that I get a standard message about "Video applications and menus", which when clicked, returns me to Tivo central.