Xfinity Stream Beta on the Tivo Stream 4k at launch?

Discussion in 'TiVo Stream 4K' started by squiredogs, May 10, 2020.

1. squiredogs

squiredogs TiVo'er since 1999

Aug 14, 2006
    Not "soon," but does it have the Xfinity Stream Beta app yet?

I just got the cheapest roku at Christmas so I could get rid of my crappy comcast digital converter on my bedroom TV. Main Living Room TV has my Lifetimed Launch 500gb Bolt.

I am used to no On Demand, since it went away on my Bolt some time ago. I was waiting on the darn AppleTV Tivo stream app, because I have an AppleTV wired to ethernet in the wall behind the bedroom TV. That was a year wasted...

Anyway, I don't want a Mini, I can't stand apps on my Bolt. I just need he Xfinity Stream Beta, especially if it works smoother than my cheap roku. I know my internet wifi could be the main culprit, but the roku drops out a lot when I use the xfinity app. Plus I would love a peanut remote.

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    I don’t see it.

You might be able to side load it though

3. shwru980r

shwru980r Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2008
    My understanding was only Roku had the Xfinity Stream Beta app.

4. justinw

justinw Member

Jan 30, 2007
    Doesn’t work. I posted in one of the other threads. I tried to side load it and it didn’t work. Funny I’m in the same boat as you one of the main apps I use is Xfinity Stream and hoped to replace my crappy Roku

mazman likes this.
  5. schatham

schatham Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2007
    I have the cheapest Roku stick and it works 100% with the Xfinity app. It's likely your WiFi.

6. leiff

leiff Active Member

Aug 24, 2005
    SF Bay area
    If the Xfinity app worked on this that may have given enough reason to keep it. As it is I think this streamers going back Unopened.

7. squiredogs

Aug 14, 2006
    Darn, I figured they wouldn't play nice.

8. squiredogs

Aug 14, 2006
    Yeah, I might as well put my resources into some mesh setup to something. It's only the bedroom TV anyway. Thanks

9. ElT60

ElT60 Member

May 27, 2020
    Roku and some Samsung and LG TVs.

Xfinity Stream App on Xfinity TV Partner Devices FAQs – Xfinity

A pretty broad array of Roku's listed as supported. ( but few Roku TV variants ). If the list expanded to Sony/HiSense ( AndroidTV ) later than perhaps the Stream 4K would get a 'free ride'. I suspect though that Xfinity app will have a quite explicit 'whitelist' of equipment it will run on though.

10. shwru980r

shwru980r Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Plus it's a beta app, so Xfinity could pull the app anytime they want to like Tivo did with their beta fire tv app.

11. iloveluci

iloveluci New Member

Jun 1, 2020
    There is a work around. Look for an older app version 4.0 the newer 5.0 locks up.

12. ElT60

ElT60 Member

May 27, 2020
    I think Beta more so has to do with them not charging a fee to use the app. That is probably the bigger change later. That it isn't long term a way to duck the "box fee" per TV. Don't want to charge that now because it is half baked and folks will get 'salty' paying for something that isn't done.